Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

FIXED
AndyinBrum
Dabbler

Re: Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

Bob, just to let you know, I've still not had any issues on the 273 build and its been 6th March since you installed it

DenisCrickets
Hooked

Hi @bobpullen,

Just wanted to give you an update on my situation: after two weeks I had no problems whatsoever and all my devices keep preferring the 5ghz network ( same ssid). So I am very happy of this firmware.

I read also that you are looking for testers for a new version, I might be able to do it but can I ask what the difference with the .273? Why if this version already solve the problem you are testing a new one?

Thanks!!
androidtanmay
Grafter

@bobpullen
Thanks Bob. Will keep you informed about the stability and performance of the .273 build. If all goes will can certainly be part of the testing group for newer builds
Muffinboy13

Bob,

I got it. I can see the version has changed to .273 after a boot.

i have changed the SSID for the 5ghz to a different name after unsynching from 2.4 ghz. Is this ok?
i have some devices now on both ghz

thanks for your help. I’ll test it for a week and let you know.

muffinboy.

simoncrnfrth
Dabbler

There seems to be issues with the 5Ghz tonight. My computer and my phone will not connect to 5Ghz only the 2.4Ghz. Prior to the 281 firmware, my computer and phone would connect to the wifi on 5Ghz no problems.
simoncrnfrth
Dabbler

Bob, unstable WiFi performance from my router today. Non of my 5Ghz devices will connect to the router in 5Ghz. I've had to turn the router off and back on again to be able to connect to even 2.4 this morning. Can you please revert my router back to 280 which I never had any problems with.
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

@bobpullen 

Started a new thread. Router continually in this state. Not rebooted at all, and on over 40days uptime.

Lou1875

Hi @bobpullen 

I've come across this thread while searching regarding issues with 5Ghz on my router.

Would it be possible for the .273 to be pushed to mine please? I'm unable to PM directly as just signed up today.

Thank you

eakbas
Hooked

Hi @bobpullen 

An update from me, it's been 1.5 weeks since I got the new firmware and again my speed is down to 22mbps from 36mbps. No issues on the 5ghz channel though, all the devices are connected. I had to reboot the router to be able to get back up to 36mbps. 

Anyone is still having the speed drop issue? 

Thanks!

AndyinBrum
Dabbler

think thats more the network than the wifi signal for 5ghz

spacecadet
Dabbler

PlusNet did supply me with a router that doesn't work properly ie  wifi drop out ,so I used my old bt home hub without any issues  until recently. As you said  ( The ombudsman can hardly blame plusnet for the performance of a router that we didn't  provide you with). So with that in mind The ombudsman can blame plusnet for the performance of the router that you did provide  me. How long this being going on now without a firmware fix ?.

yossarian74
Dabbler

@bobpullen

Thanks for the update to .273  So far so good, no issues at all for me since the install.

MarniC

@bobpullen 

I've got the same issue with 5GHz wifi. Could you please update my firmware to see if it helps?

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@simoncrnfrth wrote:
Bob, unstable WiFi performance from my router today. Non of my 5Ghz devices will connect to the router in 5Ghz. I've had to turn the router off and back on again to be able to connect to even 2.4 this morning. Can you please revert my router back to 280 which I never had any problems with.

.280 is the same build pretty much. I think it's coincidence that you didn't experience problems with it.

I can move you back to .273 however it will initiate a factory reset.

I'd also like to see if the problem occurs again for you if you don't mind running .281 a while longer?

@Kes1 wrote:
Thanks ! Bobpullen. It worked !
The Hub management Web page still shows them firmware as .263 though. Is this normal ?

I've just checked again and the update was definitely pushed to you. Have you turned the router off/back on to apply it?

@penfold wrote:

@bobpullen 

Started a new thread. Router continually in this state. Not rebooted at all, and on over 40days uptime.

Thank you. I'll pick up over there.

@eakbas wrote:

An update from me, it's been 1.5 weeks since I got the new firmware and again my speed is down to 22mbps from 36mbps. No issues on the 5ghz channel though, all the devices are connected. I had to reboot the router to be able to get back up to 36mbps. 

Anyone is still having the speed drop issue? 

Best to keep the 5GHz throughput observations this thread.

@spacecadet wrote:

How long this being going on now without a firmware fix ?.

I'll be the first to say it's been much longer than anyone would have hoped for. The offer to move you to a known good firmware exists if you choose to re-instate the Plusnet hub.

@Lou1875 & @MarniC - both of your devices have been updated. You'll need to reboot the router to initiate the upgrade.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

JestersTear
Dabbler

@bobpullen

Since getting .273 my speeds have dropped 10-15mbps at all times and I'm still getting 5ghz disconnects. 2 weeks ago I could get a consistent 72-75mbps wired even at peak times.

Now I cannot get over 64mbps wired at any time - have tried morning, noon, night, early hours.

Can you revert me to .263 please and I will stick with 2.4ghz wifi.