Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

FIXED
jwsg
Rising Star

Re: Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

Briston, this thread is about 5Ghz WiFi connectivity. Your posts are about channel numbers 1-11 which are 2.4GHz band, or throughput which is such a general topic and not what we're trying to resolve here - which is devices either not authenticating or dropping internet access after some period of connection - on 5Ghz band.

briston
Aspiring Pro

@jwsg And if that is the case considering that those that have the test firmware are saying it works, why are we not rolling it out to everyone?

The reason, it seems that it works for 5GHz band but had revealed other problems, or have I got that wrong? So close this thread, the cure for problems with 5GHz stream has been found. Or has it?

I have the test software

Look at the questions I asked on my most recent post and using good engineering fault finding practice answer those.

briston
Aspiring Pro

@jwsg as an explanation. The post which you took exception to should have had the @ symbol and the name of a particular person which was Bob attached to it as a response to his comment to me.

I have refrained to say what the final cure is, but plusnet has cured all problems relating to dropped connections, unable to authenticate and the 5GHz problem regarding my hub1.
Simonsimps
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I cannot believe this is still a thing. It should have been fixed months ago.

Mine has started doing it again out of the blue. It was fine until I added another chromecast in my daughters room and then it flipped the router out.

This is my second router but going by this thread it's obviously not the hardware but the software.

Just turned off the 5ghz radio and had to set everything up on the 2.4ghz. 15 odd devices Sad

I had already spent hours trying to sort this out both earlier in the year and last year.

Bit rubbish how this is being handled tbh, should be fixed by now surely or at the very least an update on when it is going to be fixed.

briston
Aspiring Pro

@Simonsimps Firstly no engineer will give an answer when something will be fixed. The only answer they can give is, when a fix is found they can say when that fix will be implemented.

Carrying on from the engineer theme I have asked the following

Why did BT ditch the router which has been repackaged as the hub1 about 3 years ago?

Is it true that a firmware upgrade was done on the hub 1 earlier in the year?

If a firmware upgrade was done, why?

This is the third asking of those questions and no answers.

Despite being almost flamed by some people I can say - I had the same problems as others. Dropped connections, unable to authenticate and 5GHz stream problems.
Plusnet has now cured all those problems that are hub1 related for me.
cerzi
Dabbler

I'm having the same problem as other people in this thread, my 5Ghz WiFi no longer has any internet access ("Connected without Internet").  Was working fine up until a couple of weeks ago.  On firmware version 263.

CymonP
Grafter

Just to note that since my router was updated 17 days ago it has been functioning well. The 5 and 2.4 GHz bands are split, with separate passwords and I have so far only 'allowed' 3 devices to use the 5GHz side.

markangeltruema
Dabbler

@bobpullen i've plugged my hub one back in as im having all sorts of sync issues (not sure if it's my netgear router or the line)

If you can, can you try to update to the other firmware and i'll give it a good test on my home automation devices.

Cheers

Mark

omatthews

@bobpullen.   Thanks for applying amended firmware - however I had to take the plunge and purchase mesh wifi and implement just a day before.   So I have not used/tested the firmware.    I suspect it is unrelated but last 2 days have seen many issues with connectivity which I will log as a new issue.   

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@cerzi @matthewgdavies1 & @Simonsimps, I've just pushed an update to your routers. They will have rebooted so apologies if you were in the middle of anything.

@markangeltruema, struggling to do yours because your Internet connection is extremely flaky at the moment. Get that reported as a fault if you haven't already.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

islwynll547st
Hooked

Can we get the upgrade too please Bob.
SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

Bob - can I ask that you don't push the fix to my router without checking first? My wife is working 8am to 8pm on a 4 on, 4 off rota in Social Services so we don't want the router doing anything unexpected unless it can't be helped.

markangeltruema
Dabbler

@bobpullen yeah tell me about it. My line is screwed for some reason - phone unusable also, not sure when im' going to get traction on getting that fixed. Got a fault raised but i dont think staffing levels are good at plusnet at the moment from what the support guy told me. Rather frustrating considering we had an engineer out to "fix" it yesterday and today it's even worse.

Simonsimps
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@bobpullen Thank you. I have re-enabled 5ghz and added a few devices. Will report back in a few days to say how it's going.

Cheers.

winteraj

Thanks ; just found this post as been puzzling for ages over this. 

i dont want to share details of all devices etc (happy to copy log files securely to a PlusNet admin) but generally just iPhones/ipads set up for 5GHz network. has split name but same password. generally kicks out and drops to 4G then can't connect, reports no internet, then eventually sorts out. Log files show huge cycling of client associated/disassociate and wifi registration failed messages even though we are all just sitting in the house. Have rebooted and this usually settles things down for a bit. no triggers i can think of. . I'm wondering if its now 3 mths since OP do you think it will be sortable or plan to send out new router (i've just signed up another 18m contract) , or any tips on a more stable router - it's getting hammered with lockdown , Teams and home education..