cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 2

moonboywales

Hub 2

My wifi in my house is really bad, my laptop plugged directly into router is fine but phone even in same room and laptop in office is really bad. 

Would hub 2 be at least a bit better to resolve this and how does one go about requesting one

7 REPLIES 7
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Hub 2

How long have you been having problems for?

Your router has been up for well over a month, so the first thing I'd suggest if you're having difficulties is to reboot/restart it and see if that helps.

If you are in a position to recontract, then a Hub Two can be provided at the point of committing to a new contract for the price of P&P (£6.99). You can contact our Customer Options Team to discuss this.

The ability to outright purchase the hub (at the cost of ~£99.99 + P&P) will also be availalble early in the New Year.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

moonboywales

Thanks. For at least all of this year. My iPad will only connect if a few inches away from router and then doesn’t hold connection, yet works fine in others houses. My phone wifi drops out a lot and is slow to load things. Been going on for so long haven’t bothered to try and mess with it anymore. Just wondered if new hun may help to resolve as it’s hailed as having better and stronger connections
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @moonboywales,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Are you currently using one of our own routers, or a 3rd party router? Have you had a chance to carry out any Wi-Fi troubleshooting steps yet and if so, what have you attempted?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
moonboywales

Yes I’m using the hub 1. Have tried resets in the past and forgetting the network on devices and reconnecting. I have a wifi booster but that still hasn’t helped much. Think it’s just my walls and was hoping that hub 2 might be a better option
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Thanks for confirming that @moonboywales. It may be worth splitting the Wi-Fi networks that your router is operating with. For reference, we have a guide on how to do this here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
gbear45
Grafter

Could this be the Hub one problem that plusnet have known about for yonks !  I abandoned using mu Hub 1 because of it and brought a tp-link one, other brands are available.

I can't remember exactly what to do, but try this. Log into the router. with your broweser.  I think its 192.168.1.254 that you type in.

Then go to advanced settings. You will need the login thats on the router at the back.

Go to wireless settings. You will see tabs for 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz. select 5ghz, Switch off the 5ghz. There is a setting on the page to disable then save.

You will now be on 2.4ghz only. This should cure the problem.   

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@gbear45 wrote:

Could this be the Hub one problem that plusnet have known about for yonks !

Could well be as I can't find @moonboywales hub on the management platform. This makes it very likely that the hub isn't running the latest firmware.

@moonboywales - can you please drop me a message containing your account username and the serial number of your hub?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵