cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to limit my children's access time?

JandM

How to limit my children's access time?

Hi, I have an old Technicolor TG582n router (I've just asked for a replacement on another forum), is there any way to limit the amount of time my children's devices can access the home network? I can access the router setup but nothing leaps off the page as helpful. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: How to limit my children's access time?

The plusnet Hub one has something called "access control"

Other routers will also have this, as well as guest wifi networks with separate parental control filters on each, so you can give a child their own wifi netowrk, limit to when that network is active and add in filtering as well.

The Hub one, which as far as i know is plusnets standard issue router has access control settings:

[quote]Use Access Control to set times when specific devices will be prevented from connecting to the internet.

This can be useful if you'd like to control the amount of time your children are online. This means the Plusnet Hub will block all incoming and outgoing traffic to specific devices between the hours you select.[/quote]
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

@JandM 

You could always switch the wireless off:

582.png

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Lysen
Grafter

The TG582n i had with TalkTalk had parental controls.

This picture from the forums suggests Plusnet's firmware has its own way of managing access:

https://community.plus.net/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/8526i2C5181D26D8D0255/image-size/large?v=1.0...