cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUB one issues

HELLOMM

HUB one issues

My hub1 is about 6 months old. it was working fine without any issues until this pm.

today all of a sudden the 2.4ghz began to have issues- any devices connected via the 2.4ghz was at crawling speed it was saying there was no internet- could not even log into the router!

anyway 5ghz devices are fine and have no issues.  i have done factory reset, stopped 5ghz to see if that sorts out the problem but sadly not. 

the devices connected via 2.4 are hardly useable with connection issues, but those on 5g are fine.

this leads me to believe the router has developed a fault with 2.4 frequency.

can the staff please have a look at this. i would be grateful if a replacement  HUB 1router can be arranged.  thank you

2 REPLIES 2
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: HUB one issues

If it hasn't been attempted already, then I would recommend a full factory reset before a replacement is considered.

This can be achieved by holding a paperclip or simialar into the reset pinhole at the rear of the device until the status light flashes green.

Have there been any recent changes on your network? New devices introduced or updated etc?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

HELLOMM

Re: HUB one issues

hi

i had initially done  factory reset the router and changed channels etc at the time

there had been no other changes  to the network in any way, or any new devices added before this happened.  its been the same set up since i started with PN.

not sure what had happened despite factory reset, and manually switching channels, the issues were still there. At night time changing channels helped and speed got little better,and now i have reverted back to default settings and all is now well!

must have been something in the 2.4 ghz frequency yesterday - cant think of anything else

thanks for getting back.