cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full fibre router

badboyboogie

Full fibre router

Hi,

Please forgive me if this has been asked before.

I currently have full fibre broadband from BT using a BT smart hub 2.

When my Plusnet contract starts next week can I continue using my BT smart hub 2 or must I switch to the Plusnet smart hub 2?

I have a black BT wifi disc hard wired to the BT smart hub 2 and I would really like to keep using it..

6 REPLIES 6
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 260

Re: Full fibre router

@badboyboogie Providing BT don't want the Smart Hub back, you can continue using it - just change the connection credentials to those for your PN service.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 421

@badboyboogie 

As @jab1 says it just requires the credentials to be changed . There's a thread here https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Using-A-BT-Smarthub-An-Update/m-p/1795292#M24601 that you will find useful

I have a black BT wifi disc hard wired to the BT smart hub 2 and I would really like to keep using it..

From this thread https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Bt-smart-hub-2-and-complete-wifi-disc-on-plusnet/m-p/1711831...

It will work fine, although you'll have to rely on WPS or the Smarthub 2 web interface to pair the disc because you'll not be able to use the BT app

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

@jab1 wrote: snipped

@badboyboogie Providing BT don't want the Smart Hub back

I'm fairly sure that BT changed their T's and C's around the middle of December 2019, whereby any equipment (Router, TV and WiFi discs) supplied to their new or renewing customers from BT are loaned, thus they don't have the right to keep them.

I seem to recall that BT give around 2 months for their leaving customers to return these loaned items.

Obviously they (those leaving) can take a gamble and see if BT make contact with them Wink

Give me 2 mins to confirm and I'll edit accordingly.

Sad to add, as I thought - Their Terms and Conditions (read from the 'If your equipment isn't returned' Undecided

dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Full Fibre to My Router

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 260

@DS wrote:

@jab1 wrote: snipped

@badboyboogie Providing BT don't want the Smart Hub back

I'm fairly sure that BT changed their T's and C's around the middle of December 2019, whereby any equipment (Router, TV and WiFi discs) supplied to their new or renewing customers from BT are loaned, thus they don't have the right to keep them.

I seem to recall that BT give around 2 months for their leaving customers to return these loaned items.

Obviously they (those leaving) can take a gamble and see if BT make contact with them Wink

Give me 2 mins to confirm and I'll edit accordingly.

Sad to add, as I thought - Their Terms and Conditions (read from the 'If your equipment isn't returned' Undecided

Didn't realise they changed them that long ago, but as I have never been a BT Retail customer...

John
badboyboogie

Thanks for all the replies.. Everyday is a school day..:-)