cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware broke my HH6 wifi

johnrothwell
Hooked

Re: Firmware broke my HH6 wifi

I didn't really think PN had caused this issue; I only contacted them on the off chance they were aware of anything because lots of their customers use this hub. I made the support guy clearly aware that it was a BT hub and yet to my surprise he didn't deny responsibility and positively stated that they could push another firmware update.
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

In my world it's incompetence but no doubt the official excuse is poor training.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

@Baldrick1 

I wonder if PN record phone calls for the purposes of training.

On the main topic of the BT Hub 6 I got one from ebay and set it up following the detailed instructions on setting up the Hub 6.

If it ever went wrong I would follow these instructions again from the beginning if it still failed to work correctly then I would be after a new hub...... unlikely to be a BT Hub.

Whilst I accept there are thousands, perhaps hundred of thousands BT hubs out there, a considerable number of customers have complained about these hubs failing in a short period of time

We are born into history and history is born into us.
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Early life failures are a fact of life with electronic devices. In my working life we ran a hundred hour elevated temperature soak test on critical equipment. Presumably this is a none starter for consumet devices because of cost and space considerations.

I appreciate that you can read of failures on the net but what we will never know is the early life failure percentage data.

I use one because you get a lot of router for the Ebay price. To be honest I keep a ready configured spare but have never needed to use it. They are so cheap it's an affordable option.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

@Baldrick1 

True enough, as you say they are cheap enough on ebay.....providing of course someone is not trying to sell a duff one.

Mine was around £20 including p&p nothing wrong with my PN ?Hub 1 but as I know that's working ok it's handy to have a spare.

We are born into history and history is born into us.