cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ewelink sonoff switches stopped working

simonpplf
Grafter

Ewelink sonoff switches stopped working

I have three sonoff basic R2 switches all of which have stopped working they just sit there flashing LEDs. Tried rebooting my Plusnet router and we setting and adding one of the switches didn't solve the problem. Wondering if there is a problem with Plusnet blocking access to the Chinese server ?

Also while I'm at it I got an email saying I could get a new deal online by re subscribing but figured out that they sent it to me because I recently got a mobile sim as well? What's the the latest on re-contracting I might wait and see what Vodafone are offering, BT seem up to their tricks with inflation plus 4% price rise ?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
trebor8083
Hooked

Re: Ewelink sonoff switches stopped working

I’ve got the exact same issue. Uninstalled all Sonoff devices, reconnected to eWeLink app and rebooted router. Still not connecting to router. Rooter is set to 2.4GHz as it should be.
simonpplf
Grafter

It's very annoying I thought it worked the other day by rebooting the router but it's come back all three switches are just sat there flashing. It could be that they are grey market imports and they banned them from the server or something ? perhaps I need to reflash to different firmware ? 

trebor8083
Hooked

I’ve been using these for years with no issues. Stopped working 3 days ago. Something has obviously changed with the connection to the router.
simonpplf
Grafter

I guess I could stick them on eBay worst case 😉 they seem to cost twice as much as they used to when I bought these. Like you say I find it highly unlikely that all three have to developed a fault at the same time.

trebor8083
Hooked

If I don't get any response on here from Plusnet technical. I will be calling them next week, as I know I haven't changed anything.

trebor8083
Hooked

For some unknown reason they have all come back online for now!
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

The eWelink server has been down https://www.facebook.com/ewelink.support/

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

trebor8083
Hooked

Thanks. That explains everything for me anyway 👍
simonpplf
Grafter

Working for me as well, thanks