Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection instructions changed!!

FIXED
IngeJones
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Connection instructions changed!!

For my Hub One I have Default Gateways and Primary and Secondary DNSs.  Nothing about VLAN IDs.  But now the instructions talk of VLAN ids not what I have.   Anyway my connection is fine but I am about to switch to an Archer VR600.  Will it work ok if I enter the details the same as I have on my Hub One or should I look for its VLAN id settings page?

9 REPLIES 9
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Connection instructions changed!!

@IngeJones  What instructions talk of VLAN ids, presumably those for the Archer VR600 ?  Some Broadband providers do require a VLAN ID, however you won't find any VLAN id settings on a HUB 1 because no VLAN ID is required on a Plusnet connection. Just use your usual details.

IngeJones
Aspiring Pro

Well that's what it says here (Fibre) https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/broadband-connection-settings/

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Fix

@RealAleMadrid  Sorry, but if you are using a third party router a clan I’d is needed for FTTC.

@IngeJones  which model are you looking to use, some have an inbuilt modem, others don’t.

IngeJones
Aspiring Pro

Yes it's a combined modem router. 

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero

@Mustrum Yes you are of course quite correct, I was thinking of the olden days when everyone had an Openreach VDSL2 modem to take care of the VLAN but with a combined modem/router the VLAN ID has to be set up.

@IngeJones  Apologies for my error, the VLAN ID is 101 for an Openreach supplied VDSL2 service.

IngeJones
Aspiring Pro

Though the HubOne is a combined modem router and like I say mine is working without any visible (to me) mention of vlan id.  Might it be in a setting that is fixed by BT/Plusnet and not visible in the customer's UI?

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero

@IngeJones  I have never used a Hub1 so am not familiar with the configuration settings but the VLAN ID must be set somewhere. The fact that the modem router can also work on ADSL connections where no VLAN ID is needed would suggest it is configurable, but maybe it is fixed and is only active on VDSL2 circuits. Someone with hands on experience of the device may know the answer.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Might it be in a setting that is fixed by BT/Plusnet and not visible in the customer's UI?

It is fixed. Since the Hub one is only designed to work on a PlusNet connetion, there is no need for the customer to be able to change the VLAN ID

The fact that the modem router can also work on ADSL connections where no VLAN ID is needed would suggest it is configurable, but maybe it is fixed and is only active on VDSL2 circuits

The Hub one auto detects whether it has an ADSL or VDSL connection and automatically sets the parameters appropriately. There is no options for the user to configure ADSL or VDSL parameters

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

IngeJones
Aspiring Pro

Just popped back to say the changeover went well Smiley