Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Password Plusnet Hub 2

FIXED
gnome_43
Dabbler

Changing Password Plusnet Hub 2

When I first received my Plusnet Hub 2 router, I changed both the Admin and security password easily. Recently had a week's outage and, on advice, pressed reset on router. Passwords have now reverted to original on card and despite following the route to change the password cannot do so. The 'save changes' button just does not activate. Help please because the security password is unusable.

Tags (2)
24 REPLIES 24
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Changing Password Plusnet Hub 2

Thanks a lot for getting in touch @gnome_4 and I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues here. Are you able to clear the cookies and cache on your web browser and give it another go?

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
gnome_43
Dabbler

Sounded a good idea but no change after I tried that. I also tried in a separate browser. No difference so I still have the issue

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Thanks for getting back to us @gnome_43, that's certainly strange!

When you say the save changes button doesn't activate, is it greyed out? Or just nothing happens at all when you click it?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
gnome_43
Dabbler

The save button seems orange and live but does nothing when clicked. I changed another parameter and the save button changed colour and the message to save also changed to show 'saved'. Back to the password and nothing changed again.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Is the password only changeable when the broadband is disconnected ? Is there a disconnect button ?0

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

gnome_43
Dabbler

Thanks for the idea MisterW but disconnecting Broadband made no difference - it is just as though the password box is not activated. I can't see any other relevant setting myself. Really annoying and would be to anyone trying to use the ridiculous embedded router security password. But thanks

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@gnome_43 wrote:

When I first received my Plusnet Hub 2 router, I changed both the Admin and security password easily.

What precisely are you trying to change? There is the password needed to log into the hub advanced pages (generally called the Admin password), which has no associated username and there is the wireless SSID and password. What do you mean by 'security password'?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

gnome_43
Dabbler

The wireless password is called the Security password on the router page.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Thanks for getting back to us @gnome_43, I appreciate it.

It should very much like the Hub one allow you to update your wireless password and I am sorry you seem to be having an issue with this feature.

I have arranged for a replacement to be sent and it will be with you in the next 3 to 5 working days.

Please let me know if the same issue reoccurs with the new router

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
gnome_43
Dabbler

Thanks Sammy, Much appreciated.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Not a problem @gnome_43, always happy to help Smiley

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@gnome_43 - what's the verdict?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

gnome_43
Dabbler

Well, I just do not know.

I installed the new router - fine no problem but when I try to change password no different. It must be something I am missing but it looks so simple.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

This may be a pain and I am sorry for asking, but is there anyway we can get screenshots of each step? feel free to PM me them so I can look into this further.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team