Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bridge mode - Hub2

FIXED
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 74

Re: Bridge mode - Hub2

I fear there is a little more to this story, as the inclusion of the Hub Two serial number on the CWMP (TR069 system) would have only allowed the Hub to auto configure the correct broadband username and to allow remote functions when setup as a modem/router.

As previously mentioned in this thread if the Hub is in 'Bridge Mode' then it is invisible to the management system and plays no part in the login process, that is performed by the router attached.

Dan.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

@Dan_the_Van 

True. As another wild theory, whilst we know that the OP could connect to the other users account, we  know nothing about the correct account configuration and whether that was working before the Plusnet agent's intervention. We don't know  what changes were actually made. Maybe it was more than just correcting the hub serial number in the database?.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Dan_the_Van  I agree that something odd is going on, the OP has not actually confirmed that the connection is working through the Cisco device and Hub2 in bridge mode, we are only assuming that is the case.

As you say putting the Hub2 on the TR069 management platform would be irrelevant if the Hub2 is in bridge mode.

@dejnekas Could you confirm that you are connecting by PPPoE on the Cisco with the Hub2 in bridge mode

dejnekas

@RealAleMadrid yes, all going from FW via Hub2 in bridge mode. The only thing which is still not working is supposed to is the static public address - it has changed despite I have clearly asked to fix it.

So to summarize, Cisco ASA5510 is connected to port no 3 in hub that works in bridge mode - there's no WIFI from Plusnet visible anymore as well. 

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@dejnekas  Thanks for confirming that.

Baldrick1

@dejnekas 

Is the account showing your IP address as fixed or dynamic? Have you paid the £5 fee? If so it can take a day or two to be actioned.

I ask as you might be assuming that Plusnet fix an existing dynamic IP address. Unless there have been changes since I took a fixed address they come from a different range pool and you need to reboot the connection to pick it up.

Moderator and Customer

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 397

they come from a different range pool and you need to reboot the connection to pick it up.

Correct

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dejnekas

@Baldrick1 yes, I did ask and I was told that configuration is done correctly - this is second time when it was confirmed.

I have rebooted the FW and hub, but it is still different when it was i.e. yesterday. I will check again today. I have paid £5 and that was checked as well. 
Something is not right there.

Baldrick1

@dejnekas 

I have read of this happening before. The answer in that case was for a helpful Plusnet staffer to come along, remove the static IP address then re-apply it. This resulted in another £5 charge, which was credited to the account.

Moderator and Customer

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Morning @dejnekas 

I've removed and readded the static IP on your account now and it should be live.

Give your router a reboot and it should pick it up 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team