cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue light on Hub One far too bright

John14

Re: Blue light on Hub One far too bright

I am new to Plusnet and found this thread after googling the brightness of the blue light on the front of the hub.

My thoughts:

Firstly, I took the advice posted here and accessed the router settings and dimmed the light. The brightness reduced by about 50% when I clicked the apply button. It is much better than it was but still gives off a blue glow when it's dark and I go to bed.

I don't want to turn the router off at night and I also don't wish to start sticking things on the router to cover the light up so I have two choices - live with it or buy a third-party router.

I have decided to buy an ASUS router as firstly, it comes in black which will match the rest of my set-up and secondly, it doesn't have an intrusive blue light strip on the front of the router.

My router sits on my desk and the whole set-up is colour-coordinated with RGB lighting everywhere Grin and to be honest, a white router with pink writing and a large blue strip light which shines all night (after I've turned the PC off) really doesn't work for me.

It would be nice to have an "off" setting as well as the dimming one but alas, it doesn't.

Maybe Plusnet could take note and look at this when they release another router...... a black router with RGB lighting and an off button for bedtime maybe?) Wink

Cheers

John