cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative router awaiting plusnet router

RobinOli

Alternative router awaiting plusnet router

Hi.

Our Fibre extra internet was activated on 30/11/2020. Obviously at which point, our previous supplier (Vodafone) was disconnected. We are still waiting for our router to be delivered. I contacted customer support on Monday, however the “support” offered was to order a new router to be delivered. No method of tracking available.

So we have two routers that are... Somewhere in Royal Mail, yet all our other post is being delivered fine.

Therefore, I thought I would try and fine a cheap alternative router to do, until plusnet came up with the goods.

After various Amazon searching, I settled on TP-Link TD-W8961N 300 Mbps Wireless N ADSL2+ Modem Router https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07GBYYY9J/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_FF.YFbYPSSQ51?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Basically because I saw that another customer had used it with plusnet.

I have spent hours trying to set it up, following the configuration settings on the plusnet support page, but nothing works.

Not sure if I am missing something simple, or the router is not actually compatible.

Wondering if anyone has tried this product before, or had any advice.

Many thanks.
1 REPLY 1
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: Alternative router awaiting plusnet router

@RobinOli Welcome to the forum.  🙂

The other customer may well have used that router on Plusnet, but it's only suitable for ADSL, whereas you need one for fibre (VDSL).

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)