cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with my order

jamesrambler40
Dabbler

problem with my order

I am a new broadband customer and placed an oorder a few weeks ago now and i had an email explaining their is a problem with my order but it doesnt say what it is. this is the message i got

There's been a problem with processing your broadband order.
Once we've got more details, we'll deal with this and contact you if we need to.

can anyone please advise whats going on as when logging into my account i can not access "manage my account" as i get a message

An error has occurred

You can't change your products for the moment, our system may be updating. Please try again later.

57 REPLIES 57
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: problem with my order

Thanks for your post @jamesrambler40 and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to see there's an issue with processing your order.

From what I can see there's a product known as "Social Telephony" on your line, which is normally BT Basic. 

We'll need you to ask your current provider to remove this as it's stopping us from taking over your line.

Once you've done this or if there are any issues, feel free to let me know.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jamesrambler40
Dabbler

Hi I have taken off the BT basic off my line so can you please verify that the internet can now be organised for the date i have agreed with plusnet. Also can you please tell me when do i get my gift card as part of my broadband deal? thanks in advance

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @jamesrambler40

From what I can see Social Telephony is still showing as enabled on your line.

Have you received confirmation from your current provider that it's definitely been taken off? 

Regarding your reward card, you'll receive an email within 10 days of your service going live with instructions on how to claim it. Once you've claimed, we'll post it out to you within 30 days.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jamesrambler40
Dabbler

hi i called BT yesterday and verified i wanted  bt basic taking off the line and explained to them that i had arranged internet and line rental with plusnet so they assured me it would be taken off. do i need to do anything else or does this take some time to happen? best regards

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @jamesrambler40

Ah it may take some time for the service to be removed. 

Would you be able to ask BT for a timeframe? 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jamesrambler40
Dabbler

is the line clear now otherwise i will call BT again .... I dont see what the problem is from there end i made it clear i wanted BT basic taking off the account...do plusnet have any experience with how long this process takes.

thanks

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @jamesramble40, thanks for getting back to us.

I am sorry for the issues and the inconvenience this is causing. I have had a check and it looks like the BT Basic is still live on the number. As far as I know, from being requested to be removed it should only be a few hours before being complete (but would be best to check this with BT).

I'm really sorry for the back and forth you are facing here but I would advise to give them a call back.

Let us know how this goes!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
jamesrambler40
Dabbler

I have noiw called BT and they have inofmed me that the date when the BT Basic is taken off the line with be the 12th january 2022. I was not informed of this the first time i rang BT as they said it would be taken off straight away but today they have told me that a period of 30 days notice is required which should not be the case as i have been with them years and would not be in a contract period. Anyway this effects my plusnet account as i am due to have my internet started on the 22nd December so can you please advise what will happen with my plusnet agreed switch on date....i am so frustrated with BT as they kept emphasising that they are less expensive than plaunet with their BT basic plan. I think they make it difficult for customers leaving even though i have paid all my bills and been a deducated customer for years........Anyway i am upset that my planned internet switch on might now be delayed as i have a daughter in america who i wanted to see on facetime over Chritmas. Please can you assist me with this and nform me what is going to happen. kind regards

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

I have noiw called BT and they have inofmed me that the date when the BT Basic is taken off the line with be the 12th january 2022. I was not informed of this the first time i rang BT as they said it would be taken off straight away but today they have told me that a period of 30 days notice is required

@jamesrambler40  I dont want to be alarmist and I hope I'm wrong, but that sounds like BT may have treated your request as a complete cancellation of the line rather than just removing the BT Basic. If that's the case then there will be a cease order which will prevent PlusNet placing any order until it completes on the 12th Jan

@LaurenB  can one of the Help team check if there is a cease on the line ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks for getting back to us @jamesrambler40

Nothing's going to happen for now, your services should remain active with BT until 12/01/2022 until it's ceased. We'll then be able to place our orders to provide a service, although you will incur some downtime in the meantime whie our orders are progressing.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Nothing's going to happen for now, your services should remain active with BT until 12/01/2022 until it's ceased.

@adam945 so BT have taken the request as a cancellation and placed a cease then ? rather than just revert the line to normal and remove the BT Basic

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Correct @MisterW

I thought that's strange too to be honest. Historically though, I've always had issues with accounts in similar situations where the customer is trying to get Social telephony removed.

Adam
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@adam945 since there's a cease, wont that give a problem with retaining the number when the new orders are placed ?

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Good question @MisterW

Not in this case. When a number is ceased, it returns back to the range holder. In this case, the range holder is BT. So we'll be able to retain it here. Smiley

Adam