cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with my order

jamesrambler40
Dabbler

Re: problem with my order

Hi Just wondering when i will get sent my router as will i be charge from the line activation date for my internet as i havcent been sent a router as of yet..kind regards

jamesrambler40
Dabbler

thank you very much for your support

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @jamesrambler40 thanks for getting back to me.

The money you've paid upfront won't begin until your order completes and we'll produce your next bill a month later. 

As we're placing the phone & broadband orders separately, this will mean that on the bill we'll add a credit to cover the time you've paid for broadband, between your phone and broadband activating you've not been able to use. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jamesrambler40
Dabbler

Thanks you for explaning everything clearly. Do you have any idea when the broadband router will be sent to me? is it sent after the braodband service is completely registered? once again thank you for your help

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @jamesrambler40, we'd normally automatically send a router a few days before your broadband's due to go live, but I've manually placed the router order now, so you should receive it soon well in advance for when we activate it. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Heya, I'm happy to see your phone line & landline number should be working again. Let me know if there are any issues.

When attempting to place your broadband order, our suppliers records haven't quite updated yet to reflect that broadband's available for us to order following the line being reactivated, but this shouldn't take long.

I'll check back on Monday after the weekend with a view to place your broadband order to get you online. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jamesrambler40
Dabbler

I really appreciate that thank you so much for your support very much appreciated kind regards

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem at all @jamesrambler40 

Let me know if there’s anything else you’d need help with in the meantime Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @jamesrambler40 

I've checked first thing this morning and the supplier records aren't showing broadband's available to order yet, so I've raised a records query with them and they should be getting back to me within 24-48 hours.

I'll as always keep you posted on the progress and let you know as soon as I know more. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jamesrambler40
Dabbler

Thanks so much for your support it feels like forever to get online but hopefully i will be soon thank you for your assistance it is very much appreciated kind regards

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem at all, I'm sure we'll get there and it'll be worth it in the end.

I've just checked the records query and we've not received an update yet, so I've got in touch with our suppliers helpdesk, who have said they're looking into this and we should know more by Friday.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Friday?

You mean yet another 48 hours delay?

Is not BT’s performance target supposed to be 48 hours from when the query was submitted … at least two days ago?

Cannot help feel that this is an obstruction of user migration away from BT Retail … why am I not surprised?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Technically, the lead time for an update on a records query is actually 3 working days, but we've got used to receiving updates the same day for quite a while, I'd somehow forgotten it can take a few days. 

This timeframe always starts the next working day after we raise it, which brings us to the close of play on 20th January for an update to be provided, so we've been asked to check back on Friday.

How long it takes can be dependent on what the issue is, for example some issues are more complex than others. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

So the BT processes would find a query raised at 9am on Monday morning (day zero), resolved by COB on Thursday evening (third clear working day), notified to the ISP sometime on Friday, acceptable business performance?

It is therefore not surprising that ISPs at times have great difficulty delivering what ordinary folk would think acceptable, especially where there is more than one issue to be passed back and forth between supplier and ISP.  Such levels of poor performance are generally only expected from nationalised industries....

So very frustrating for all involved here, especially the PlusNET support staff stuck in the middle of reasonable end user expectations and a manjana attitude from the quasi nationalised monopoly supplier.  Frankly BT’s performance is undefendable - there ought not to be such messes of their records on a ceased line, especially one previously “owned” by BT Retail.

This is taking over what was a working line ... just how difficult can BT supplier divisions make this?  They need to be owning their own issues internally.  Only people within seem to find the performance level and methods acceptable ... clearly they are not customer focussed.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jamesrambler40
Dabbler

This is so frustrating but not surprising as BT have been so unhelpful and been an obstructyion from the very outset! surely this is an issue that should be raised to an independent retail customer body for complaint as they have made what could be a farily simple process extremely dificult. I order this internet last year from plusnet and BT have delayed this process until not and what feels like beyond. So from what i understand we may have some movement on friday? and what does that mean in terms of having my broadband up and running? also is there is usses with the service does this mean the line will be fine for broadband as i have had broadband on this line previously with BT. I am sat here saking my head at whats gone on! but i would like to thank everyone who has jumped on this thread and calrified things for me and highlighted my plight. kind regards