cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new order not implemented

Loth8

new order not implemented

I am a new business customer.  Ordered new landline and business broadband ten days ago, router arrived, engineer never turned up for booked appointment between 8 and 1 on Friday.  When I called (twenty-eight minute wait on phone) I was told engineer unlikely to need access to property and Openreach has until midnight on Frudat to complete the order.  Now two days later, status still nil landline nil broadband and no update on order. Is this normal level of service for PlusNet? Is there anyway I can know how long this process will take or should I be looking for another provider?

7 REPLIES 7
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Re: new order not implemented

@Loth8 The 14 days to cancel without being charged starts on the day that you signed up.

Dave

Loth8

I assume that is 14 business days as they have taken 13 calender days to not deliver on a confirmed order.

Do all broadband suppliers rely on OpenReach to connect the service?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Do all broadband suppliers rely on OpenReach to connect the service?

Most do, with the exception of Virgin Media and some of the FTTP providers

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

@docs209 No it is calendar days

see point 9 at at Standard Terms https://www.plus.net/help/legal/terms/

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @Loth8, thanks for getting in touch. I am really sorry for the delays encountered with your order.

The relevant team within our suppliers that we need to contact for more information on the delays, are closed for the day. I have placed a ticket in the relevant teams pool for you so that we can chase our suppliers for an update for you when the team required are open.

I am really sorry for the inconvenience caused in the meantime.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Loth8

this issue was picked up by the Plusnet Helpteam, an engineer was booked and he arrived promptly on time, was competent, fixed the problem and spent time tuning the speed of the new broadband.  Really done well and professionally.  Just a pity that it had to go through a complaints procedure before the service was installed.  Now a happy customer, and nothing to complain about.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for letting us know that you're now up and running @Loth8

Please accept our apologies for the delays that you encountered throughout the provisioning journey. Give us a shout if you need any assistance at all.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds