cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a wire (or two) missing

harveyand
Hooked

a wire (or two) missing

Hi, +N missed our go-live day and I gather from lengthy phone calls that +N needed to 'bronze match' the premises but on-line the order status website says that the line has been checked and we are good to go. This is very odd because the telephone wires from the (new build) house still need connecting to the service pole. a case for wireless technology?

Tags (2)
11 REPLIES 11
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: a wire (or two) missing

Hi @harveyand,

Looking at your orders, we placed the order against a gold key address. A bronze key address is simply an address that doesn't exist on the order system at all and needs fully building manually when we place the order.

I understand a colleague responded to the ticket on your account earlier today, however I've read the notes on the broadband order and expanded on their update for you.

I hope this helps. Thanks for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
harveyand
Hooked

OK so you escalated from a bronze match to a gold key , but for what it is worth+N are still raising Questions on my a/c because Openreach are still rejecting your order on them for 'no matching broadband order'.

I must ask why there is no order ?

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @harveyand, these messages are generated by automation and I'm afraid do not always contain the most accurate information.

I have spoken with our suppliers today and I have updated you on your orders here

Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to get back to me.

Thanks,

harveyand
Hooked

If I had hair to tear it would be challenged. Just cannot gett it through to the prov or tech teams that the reason we do not have any service is because there is no PHYSICAL connection to the network . Our new build was surveyed by Openreach who said we would get service from the nearby pole, meaning that a wire (or two) would be led from the pole to the house. This is still missing. So what if an Kelly sub contractor connected up fibre in the cabinet last Thursday and your tech and prov teams are completely taken in by Openreach claiming to have finished the job. Plusnet service personnel in prov or tech unable to hear me say in plain English that I do not have a dial tone ( for what seems to me to be a perfectly good reason), that the bb router is flashing red  ( for what seems to me to be a perfectly good reason)

If you go and look at my order you may get confused because the has been some flak about getting our old phone number back from previous property, but fundamentally until some Openreach or other contractor CLIMBS the POLE I am going to sit hear wondering if I am ever getting a connection.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to hear this.

Unfortunately as your order is completed and line tests aren't showing an external issue the only way we'll be able to progress this with our suppliers is by arranging an engineer visit.

If you can reply to ticket https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=184414631 with your availability for a visit letting us know over here once you've done so we'll be happy to get the appointment booked in as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
harveyand
Hooked

As requested I have shown availability for an engineer call on the question 184414631

as follows

Availability is good any weekday morning, all weekday afternoons except Friday. I accept the possibility of a charge, make my day.

So I am hoping the engineer enjoys the view from the top of the pole

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @harveyand,

Thank you for providing your availability for an engineer visit. I can see that @Gandalf picked this back up yesterday evening and has booked this for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
harveyand
Hooked

"OH!" says the OpenReach engineer who turned up this morning, promptly at 8am.

"I can guess what your problem is! You do not have a drop-line to the premises".

This guy at least is doing his job, looking at what he finds on the ground and applying his brain. He has not looked at a screen and taken it for read. I made him a coffee and allowed him to get on with his job and we now have a line from the pole to the property  and for the first time in 6 weeks (order placed 4th October) we have a telephone and broadband. Finally I get awareness of what I have been saying all along, there was no physical connection to the network.

Just why has it taken so long? A new build, a new postcode -- how is this country going to build 200,000 houses ?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry for the time it's taken to resolve the issue.

Unfortunately there's not much more we could've done from our point of view, but I'm happy to see this is sorted now.

If you need any further assistance please feel free to let us know.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
harveyand
Hooked

Well, like listened to what I was saying for a start. I have taken nearly every opportunity when talking/chatting to +Net staff to point out the lack of a drop wire. 

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

HI @harveyand

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I am sorry that there has been issues when processing your order. As I can see your service is now up and running if you would like us to look into anything else then please let us know.

Regards,