cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Routers?

rooky
Grafter

New Routers?

Are plus net ever going to bring out good routers like what sky provide and bt such as max wifi etc

4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 280

Re: New Routers?

There no doubt will be a replacement for the Hub2 in due course, but what is wrong with it? AFAIK, the current BT Hub is the same as the Hub2, with the addition of the VoIP port for their proprietary VoIP service. Don't know anything about the SKY kit, though.

John
rooky
Grafter

Though BT have extenders for theirs like sky does?

it just it doesnt get the garden as good as my next doors who got Sky

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 280

AFAIK, the extenders are extra, and there is nothing to stop you getting your own, which would probably work out cheaper. Or, you could always go and buy a higher spec kit of your own.

John
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 8

@rooky 

OK but where is your router placed, and where is your neighbour's? If it's in the window overlooking the back garden obviously it will give better coverage. If it's in the front room then it will cover the front garden and not the back -- at least to the same extent. How thick are your walls? If it's modern dry walling the signal will pass easily (unless the wall has foil insulation which blocks signals). If it's 55 year old concrete block like mine it defeats my hammer drill never mind a wifi signal.

You must compare like with like, and there's too many variables for that.

Mike