Did you mean: 

Yet another re-contracting from FTTP Trial query

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Yet another re-contracting from FTTP Trial query

No problem, the product changes have all been completed. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@Gandalf 

My change went as smooth as clockwork. New speed was there before 11.00 am. Notified router in mail on Tuesday and it arrived yesterday afternoon. Now installed. Finally the Order in Progress warning cleared from my Account yesterday as well.

All in all a happy customer.

Not heard from my neighbour on how his went but was due to complete yesterday.

My other neighbour on the Trial placed an order this morning for completion next week.

Brian

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@bmc  i hope your neighbours value your consultancy😀

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Glad to hear that @bmc 

I've placed the modify order for your other neighbour's account and that should complete tomorrow.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bmc
Hero

@MisterW 

I would like to hope so.

I helped 3 neighbours to join the Trial back in late 2017 early 2018. Although one has since moved, the 3 of us stuck with it until now.

Probably should have done something about it before - twice the speed, better WiFi and a couple of quid less a month!!!

Brian

bmc
Hero

@Gandalf 

You have 3 happy amigoes in this neck of the woods. Routers arrived and set up, speed doubled, warning message on members Portal cleared and all for a couple of quid less a month.

Many thanks for your help.

Brian

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Excellent, that’s good to hear @bmc Cool

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tarquel
Grafter

@Gandalf Just wanted to say thanks for sorting this and sorry that I didnt reply to your last message. Static did stick indeed.

Been trying to wait until replying until I could test things properly but its a bit difficult with the ONS in my daughters bedroom and I only have a heavy desktop comp atm so not able to test things wired presently [its on the other side of the house lol].

best test I got on fast.com was about 70M down but alas my h/w is all Wifi 4 [best case] so I meant to ask / poke about the new hub for not much cash as I mentioned it earlier in the thread I think but slipped my mind to ask and probably isn't possible now after this amount of time? curse my brain trying to save during the switch order lol

Existing router is by the ONS and ofc it typically it decides to not respond late at night when she's sleeping every now and then, so I'm aiming to run some cabling to my office to move the router to so that its just the ONS in her room (as that seems to be fine - today I only had to restart the router itself but being a Asus RT-N66U running custom FW that is EOL, need to do something about it really).

Excuse the essay and hope it isnt too late for the plusnet hub two [i forget its name possibly].

Cheers

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@tarquel no problem and glad that the upgrade went through well. Unfortunately I can no longer send Hub Two’s (It is indeed called that) since moving departments. Someone from the Support team is probably best placed to help, or might be worth a call to the Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632. Unless things have changed, they should be able to send a Hub Two for just postage (£6.99) within the first 3 months of a contract. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 97

Just sent you a PM @tarquel 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team