Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another re-contracting from FTTP Trial query

tarquel
Grafter

Yet another re-contracting from FTTP Trial query

Another FTTP Trial user here Smiley

Decided to take the plunge late last night and  just went with choosing a Full Fibre 145 package (would go higher but existing setup here isn't going to be able to utilise it and the savings will be helpful at the moment) from the "Offers and Upgrades" page in my account (currently on the Unlimited Fibre Extra FTTC fudge package but dropped the phone at the time) as it let me and it knew I was already on FTTP according to the steps it was taking me along. All went through but then in the emails got a "There's been a problem with processing your broadband order." and this morning got a text to say it's been "delayed" but without context to it.

I suspect I just need a manual poke on my account or something but trying to avoid phone calling as I'm not good at explaining things verbally these days. 

Also, I didn't choose to take the free router option [for price of postage] but should have really as would have been handy to have as a backup to my own gear really - doh!

account is the same as my username on here if it helps find me - cant see any order numbers or anything to quote here for a helping hand Smiley

Should I call anyhow or can someone here help?

Cheers folks. 

24 REPLIES 24
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

Re: Yet another re-contracting from FTTP Trial query

@tarquel 

You need to wait for a staff member to pick up on here who knows what to do. Few of the phone support staff do. When they do respond you can ask for the Hub2 router to be supplied.

The bodges used to set up the Trial originally do not work well with the current computer ordering system.

I'm probably going to join you later today in going on contract from the Trial - as might two of my neighbours.

Brian

tarquel
Grafter

@bmc cheers for the reply.

Will wait for a staff member to notice (although I was glad to see Gandalf is still here since the last time I chatted with him but didn't want to tag him or anyone as thought that might be rude hehe) so will wait it out a bit then.

Was funny that the date of change when i went through the package steps decided to select the day after my normal billing date but wasnt sure if i'd have to wait until then really or not for a change to take place, given the trial aspect and not really needing a engineer to visit etc.. Hopefully it can be sooner than that as I wont be about to check it at that time (typically lol)

bmc
Hero

@tarquel 

While the wizard is still with us and frequents the community occasionally he no longer works with the Support team - he's now on the Admin side.

You can change on what ever date you like - PN will adjust your bill to pre and post contract (hopefully!!!).

Brian

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @tarquel 

I've just spotted this and poked things along for you by placing a modify order to upgrade your FTTP service. This should go through tomorrow, but as today's a bank holiday, it may not happen until Wednesday.

Once completed, you'll no longer be on the Trial and your account will update to reflect this.

Let me know if there are any issues. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bmc
Hero

@Gandalf 

Good to see you still lurking on the Forum.

Both a neighbour and I would like to transfer from the Trial to FF74. I understand it's £24.99pm on a 24 month contract with p&p for a Hub2 router. I'll PM you with details. Can you arrange for a ticket to be added to our accounts for us to confirm the move.

I don't know if this is an error in my Portal but I'm being offer FF36 for £28.99 for an 18 month contract. I understand FF36 is no longer offered by PN.

Thanks

Brian

tarquel
Grafter

Thank you @Gandalf. Will shout if anything goes wonky. Hopefully my static IP will still remain as it was (forgot to mention that lol :D).

Cheers.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@bmc I can't initiate a change like this and I don't think we'd renew a contract on the back of a ticket. I'd suggest either renewing online via "Offers and Upgrades" or by calling Customer Options on 0800 013 2632.

That'll then put the change in a pending state, which we can manually progress.

@tarquel Yeah the static IP should stay as it is.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bmc
Hero

@Gandalf 

As ever, thanks for the words of wisdom.

I've bitten the bullet and placed an on line order. If I undersand correctly  I now need a member of staff to place a manual modify order to sort things out.

Brian

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@bmc no problem I've placed the modify order for you now, which should complete by close of play on Wednesday. Purely for reference, if there's no change in speed, then we wouldn't need to place a modify order and we would just have to do an "instant product change" to the relevant full fibre package. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bmc
Hero

@Gandalf 

Thanks for that. Roll on tomorrow and we'll see what happens.

My neighbour Andy has now placed an upgrade order - after faffing about with his password. I'll PM his user name for the manual modify order to be placed.

Another neighbour will prpbably jump later this week once they see everythings worked.

Brian

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks @bmc 

I've placed the modify order for your neighbour and all being well it should complete tomorrow.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bmc
Hero

@Gandalf 

Oh, it was going so well.

My neighbour has received a warning message about a problem with his order. Could it be to do with he changed his p/w shorlty before placing the order?

Brian

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

That’s nothing to worry about. The system would have been trying to place an FTTC to FTTP migration order based on the FTTC account type, but when it realised the service was already FTTP, it’s not intelligent enough to adapt, so throws a ticket out for an agent to investigate and manually place the correct type of order. 

As I’d already done that here, there’s nothing further for an agent to do. All of the modify orders I placed (3 from this thread, 1 from another) have completed in the early hours of this morning. The account types should change over to the relevant full fibre product anytime today, normally either mid-afternoon or just after midnight.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bmc
Hero

@Gandalf 

Thanks for that. I'll wait till he gets back from work to check.

Mine appears to have gone OK - 75.09 down and 21.00 up this morning. Just need to wait until tomorrow to see if the order upgrade message on my portal clears (as it should be often doesn't).

Brian