Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a joke - broadband delayed AGAIN and now CANCELLED

gib917_12
Hooked

Re: What a joke - broadband delayed AGAIN and now CANCELLED

Thanks for your reply @Gandalf.

So if I trust the phone number result, what speed or service does that imply I can get? Copper at really slow speeds?

The last person I spoke to on Thursday said they were going to cancel and resubmit the order, but I still haven’t heard anything… really frustrating at this point.

I believe our neighbours do have Fibre yep, hence the confusion. I’ve just filled in the OpenReach link so will let you know.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,605

The order was replaced but it was then cancelled in the supplier systems, possibly because fibre's not available. 

Looking at the availability check you've attached above, if you go with standard broadband you should be able to get a speed of between 7.5mbps to 15mbps, which I agree is slow compared to fibre. 

Let's see what Openreach say to you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gib917_12
Hooked

Thanks @Gandalf. How do I sort this in the meantime…? I’ve been promised 4 call backs now, none have materialised.. I’m left in the dark here with no idea what my options are, if/when I can expect to go live, and what service I can expect to go live with.

Customer service is absolutely dreadful here. I refuse to spend more time on hold to an inbound call centre who can’t seem to get to the bottom of this.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,605

Sorry for the bad experience you've had.

As it stands we'll only be able to provide standard broadband, so in the meantime, I'd recommend calling Customer Options on 0800 013 2632 as we'd need to agree to a new contract for this service. They're open until 6pm today. 

I can arrange for one of my colleagues from that team to call you next week though if that's easier? If so just drop me a private message with your phone number and a rough time frame when you'll be available for a call. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet