cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting since August 8 for upgrade. Told to contact provisioning but no such IVR opt'n. Help needed.

musicmaker

Waiting since August 8 for upgrade. Told to contact provisioning but no such IVR opt'n. Help needed.

Ordered ADSL to FTTC Fibre upgrade on the 8th and this has still not happened. Since the first email summarising the upgrade there have been at least least 6 questions raised from the plusnet side with a variety of incorrect details such as wrong pricing, wrong service, wrong contract length, which has been confusing. Invested a few hours on the phone trying to resolve so far and still stuck. Upgrades to fibre with other providers at my business and other locations have worked fine, so puzzled by the problems.

Called yesterday, was promised that the account problems would get resolved correctly and told to call provisioning today to ask them to chase openreach and find out when the switchover in the cabinet would happen, but I can't find any way to reach that team, and sitting on hold at what wasn't the correct option anyway is a life draining experience.

Please can this be escalated and an admin look into the issue and query openreach for date of when the line will be switched over, and also have the account level details updated correctly as per question 227034695 and 226665064.

2 REPLIES 2
musicmaker

Re: Waiting since August 8 for upgrade. Told to contact provisioning but no such IVR opt'n. Help nee

UPDATE

On reflection I've concluded that the upgrade will be a lost cause so will cancel the upgrade and stay on ADSL. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,605

Re: Waiting since August 8 for upgrade. Told to contact provisioning but no such IVR opt'n. Help nee

Hi there,

I'm really sorry for the problems you've had upgrading to fibre and how we've handled this.

From what I can see the account change was only seemingly stuck because the order with suppliers was delayed until 8th September due to engineer availability in your area.

Currently the order's completed and the account change is cancelled our side so you are currently running off a fibre service while your account type is showing as standard broadband.

To put things back in sync together, I can either apply your fibre contract you'd agreed with us previously or downgrade your service back to ADSL. Could you let me know how you'd like to go ahead? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet