cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible start to Plusnet service

awilt86

Terrible start to Plusnet service

Hi,

We placed an order with Plusnet on 18th March to switch from our Sky ADSL to Plusnet ADSL. We then got a letter confirming this switch would take place on 2nd April.

However, our internet and phone line were both cut off on 30th March around 10am, with no prior warning, and we haven't had any new connection set up since! Sky absolved any sort of responsibility for cutting the connection, and the Openreach engineer we got them to call out agreed that it looked like someone had already tried to switch our service - 3 days early.

After multiple phone calls between Sky and Plusnet (each one continually blaming the other...), someone at Plusnet on Monday 2nd finally admitted that it was their fault the line was changed early. However we are still waiting for our phone line to be activated. Indeed, our router was only dispatched on Monday after that same person realised it hadn't been requested yet!

So, currently we are still waiting for our phone line to be activated. The router arrived yesterday but was too big for the postbox (so much for postbox-friendly packaging) - I'm collecting it today, but since the phone line is still dead, I'm not very optimistic about when exactly our broadband will finally be activated.

We've gone 6 days without broadband now, right from the beginning of the Bank Holiday weekend, so it hasn't been great. For first impressions, Plusnet have majorly let us down. What I'd like to know is a) when will we actually get our broadband service up and running, and b) why this whole mess up happened - why change the line over early and then not even put it onto working line?!

4 REPLIES 4
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Terrible start to Plusnet service

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi @awilt86

Welcome to the community forums and thanks for taking the time to contact us regarding your query.

I am sorry to hear about the issues regarding your order and the delays incurred. I have updated your account after speaking to our suppliers and the update can be found here through this ticket link https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=171528282

I hope that this starts to clear things up for you and get the ball rolling on completing your order sooner rather than later. Any further queries just get back to us on here or the ticket on your online account and we'll be more than happy to help.

awilt86

Hi @BenB

Thanks you for your time and attempt to help, unfortuantely you were not able to provide any information that we didn't already have in the call notes.

We still have the same issue, that Plusnet removed our internet connection on Friday the 30th March without any prior warning, and will not establish a new connection until the 10th April. Apparently a technology company cannot cope with Bank holidays.

We are still hopefuly that somebody at Plusnet will be able to help us.

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @awilt86

I do apologise for the poor experience you have had and delays you have encountered. Unfortunately we cannot bring forward the review date of 10/04/2018, I assure you if we were able to fast track this we would. Once we have any further information from our suppliers we will contact you accordingly.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team