Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start a new contract.

agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

Start a new contract.

It seemed so simple. I have been out of contract for some time and my LRS expired in May of this year.

In an attempt to save a little money today, I looked at an offer on my account pages and in a on-sided conversation with the Chatbot I have now signed up for Unlimited Fibre Extra and unlimited calls anytime and to mobiles at £37.75 a month..

I cannot get the top speeds from extra because the best my line will support is 40mbps with a fair wind behind it and no sign of rain. The additional cost is not worth it when I get at best 30 mbps from standard fibre and the best speed as quoted by the DSL checker was 32.3 mbps on 21st July.

I have tried to cancel my order within about 40 minutes of placing it but it is not possible to do this on line. I have to phone in and we all know that there is very little chance of getting success by that method.

I am now totally lost and cannot see what to do next to simply get back to what I had before. Because I have started a new 18 month contract I am forced to pay for something I cannot use, something I don't need and I cannot leave without massive penalty charges.

It would be so much easier to be able to talk to a human and request exactly what I want and tailor my service to what I reasonably can use and afford.

7 REPLIES 7
tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Re: Start a new contract.

Thanks for getting in touch, sorry to hear you want to leave Plusnet Unfortunately we’re not able to cancel your contract here, please call 0800 013 2632 and my colleague will be able to help.

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
agedgopher
All Star

@tinytaco 

I said that I wanted to cancel the upgrade to Fibre Extra because the increase in speed available is not really worth it, not that I wanted to leave Plusnet. But if I am forced into leaving then I will.

I am currently able to get around 30 mbps download and the new MGALS speed of 20mbps is lower than the guaranteed speed for my current service.

All I wanted to do was to re-contract my Unlimited Fibre service for an 18 month period, to try to save some money, but on going into my account all that was being offered to me was an upgrade to extra or a downgrade to ADSL. What would you have done.

agedgopher
All Star

@tinytaco 

I notice on checking on my account that the upgrade is showing as being completed. I have just carried out wired speed tests via BT and Think  Broadband and my speeds show as 29.96 download and 6.3 upload, exactly the same as this morning prior to the upgrade and that is after restarting the router.

agedgopher
All Star

Having waited until midnight on Monday I have been unable to detect any speed increase on my Fibrer Extra upgrade

I was regularly getting 30 mbps download both wired and wifi before the upgrade.

I now get 30.03 download and 5.9 upload according to BT speed test.

My Hub 1 router says speed is 32.26down and 6.726 up

My Plusnet account says current line speed is 80 mbps with an estimated download range 27 to 40 mbps.

So my upgrade has given me approximately 0.07 mbps extra. Wow.

It would be interesting to find out where Plusnet got the line speed of 80mbps from.

agedgopher
All Star

There is no further change in my broadband speeds. My billing date is today so the new charges will be applied later. My new 18 month contract has been added to my account and the only response from Plusnet has been to show me the way out!

That is to say that my posts were mis-read and an assumption was made that I wanted to cancel my account not to cancel the upgrade. Well I am stuck with it now for 18 months.

End of rant, close the book. Carry on by myself.

agedgopher
All Star

Having had no further response from anyone in Customer Service, I have today phoned in on 0800 013 2632.

After a wait of around 15 minutes I spoke to an agent called [CSA Removed]. He was most helpful and understanding. He stated that I should not have been allowed to upgrade to Fibre Extra because my line cannot support Extra speeds.

We have agreed a downgrade to Unlimited Fibre, which will happen on 10th August, and a fixed price deal for Fibre and Phone.

I was impressed with his efficiency and also with the new system for supplying and agreeing new contracts by email. Very efficient.

After a week of stress I am now happy again and can devote my time to dealing with other conflicts and everyday issues.

Problem happily resolved, normality resumed.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

agedgopher
All Star

My downgrade to Unlimited Fibre completed earlier this morning.

My current speeds are greater that anything I have had since switching to fibre in 2016. Currently getting 36.73 download and 6.38up. Well done to everyone involved in the changes and a huge thank you.