cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow to be connected/setup - despite not having switched provider

AE9

Slow to be connected/setup - despite not having switched provider

Hi there,

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum. I'm a student in rented accommodation, and on the 3rd of January our broadband service was disconnected. I found out later this was due to our landlord planning to switch to another provider, however that provider didn't offer broadband down our road so he elected to return to Plusnet. Having paid for the new contract just two days later on the 5th of January, I was told today by Plusnet on Twitter that the broadband will not be restored until the 25th!

I don't understand how this can be the case when we've:

a) Already been previously supplied by Plusnet, with a mere 2 days between the old contract starting the new one beginning. We have the same router, so nothing needs altering there. 

b) We never switched provider, never had a set-up for a different service, surely the settings and configurations should be retained?

c) We've had an engineer come to sort the phone line (which is useless to us as we don't have a landline) on the 9th of January. How can it take over two weeks to reconnect us to a service we previously had?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, it's been very difficult trying to get anything done (and will continue to be so) if we're without broadband for over 3 weeks,

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Re: Slow to be connected/setup - despite not having switched provider

Hello @AE9

I cannot see an account under your email address, so I presume the account is under your landlord's details.

From experience, I believe when your services were ceased, we also ceased the tie-pair component at your local cabinet box.

This component is used to facilitate your services and an Openreach Engineer will need to visit your cabinet box to re-install our services.

The live date will be subject to Engineer availability around your postal area.

All suppliers have their services installed using this method and have Openreach Engineers work on the installation. The only provider to operate outside the BT network is Virgin Media.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

If you would like us to have a further look into this, can you please PM me with the account username.

Kind regards.