cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up fail

Irene70
Grafter

Set up fail

I am moving house and I recently signed up to Plusnet online. Entered postcode etc to see what service I could get. Eventually signed up for 'Full Fibre 74'. Fast forward to today. I opened cardboard box Plusnet sent me with router and 2 x ethernet Cales and power adaptor. But the cables don't fit the fitting on my wall where a traditional phone would plug in to. The only thing I can get in there is a traditional phone 'filter'. My guess is my home isn't fibre ready. I was on the phone to Plusnet for ages this morning and I don't think the girl I spoke with understood me when I was explaining the situation. She tried to transfer me to Early Life but I didn't get a response. Can anyone help? I just need to set this up? I just honestly think my house doesn't have the right connection for fibre. How did Plusnet not know my home wasn't suitable for this type of broadband?
Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Set up fail

@Irene70 

Put your phone number in the following. You're looking for WBC FTTP in the left hand column. FTTC shows up as VDSL

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Brian

Baldrick1
Fixes: 427

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Full Fibre to My Order

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 59

@Irene70 

To follow up on my earlier post. If the PN website let you order Full Fibre then it should be available for the property. Assuming WBC FTTP is shown as available what does the narrative below the results window say about FTTP.

To be FTTP ready, fibre optic cable needs to be brought into the property and an Optical Network Terminal (ONT) fitted to a wall. An engineer needs access to do this. Although it's an old article and may not be the current ONT in use, the following shows what they look like.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2019/09/a-look-at-openreachs-compact-fttp-broadband-ont-and-mi...

The router is connected via Ethernet cable so can go anywhere you're happy to run said cable.

Try logging into your PN account and have a  look at My Orders (I think). You're looking for any Open Questions.

Brian

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

What is the promised activation date?

Have you been given dates for an engineer visit?

Does the house already have an ONT installed?  (Quite different to a traditional phone socket).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hey @Irene70,

I'm really sorry to hear that and I apologise for the delayed response here on the forums this week. I've tried searching for your account, however I'm afraid I've not been able to locate it with the info we have to hand. If you've not had an update on this just yet, please drop us another message and we'll be happy to help. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team