cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Openreach engineer no show

JonathanBushell

Openreach engineer no show

Had an Openreach engineer booked for today (14/12, 8am to 1pm) to install my new phone line - I've just moved into the property and the previous owners had Virgin Media.

Rang the help line late morning as he still hadn't arrived. After an hour sitting in the queue the person I spoke to assured me he would arrive by 1pm. It's now 3.30 and still nobody has shown up.

Is this going to be rebooked? Any details you can provide would be helpful. I'm not at the property all the time at the moment while we're redecorating, so I'm rather reliant on engineers showing up to booked appointments or there won't be anyone here to let them in.
4 REPLIES 4
JonathanBushell

Re: Openreach engineer no show

Now to further confuse matters I've had an email this evening saying my order is "complete". Even though the engineer never showed up to install the line. Any clarification would be appreciated.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Are you sure there is not a BT/Openreach socket somewhere in the property?

JonathanBushell

There's two phone sockets in the entire property - one is Virgin Media branded, the other is a very yellowed socket (likely 30-years old, from when the property was built) which wasn't giving a dial tone when I last tested it. I'm next at the place on Friday so I'll test it again then, but I'm not convinced it's connected.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hey @JonathanBushell,

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't receive an update regarding the engineer visit. Did you get a chance to test that socket out on Friday? I've had a look over the account and everything seems to be active now, however if this isn't the case then just let us know and I'll be happy to assist Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team