cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router not ordered?

StewartAyr

Router not ordered?

Hi,

I ordered a fibre modem/router and upgrade on July 27th.  By the 29th the line had been reconfigured (according to the tickets in my account) but the router is still showing as not ordered (whatever that means).

It looks like you can't raise tickets any more from the website, and I'm sick of being told that the support line is experiencing "exceptional demand".  If it's been consistent for the past two weeks then it's not exceptional!

Two years ago customer support from PN was excellent, what's happended since?

9 REPLIES 9
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Re: Router not ordered?

Hi StewartAyr,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us via our community forums regarding your issue.

I have looked through the account and can see that the router had failed through automation to be sent to you so I have re-ordered this for you and pushed through the process. Your new router should arrive through the post in the next 3-5 days and just let us know once it has arrived and sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

StewartAyr

Thanks, will do.

StewartAyr

The router arrived this afternoon, so that was quick, thanks.

However I'm still getting ADSL speeds.  Looking at the log in the router it says "WAN operating mode is ADSL" I would expect that to say VDSL.

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi StewartAyr,

Thank you for getting back to me and letting me know that the router has arrived.

From looking at the account and checking your connection you are on ADSL as this is what you we're contracted on for your house move. I can then see that after this had completed you ordered the Unlimited Fibre Extra package which then rejected through our suppliers systems. From this a notification was sent to the account which an agent picked up to place but thought this had already been completed through your house move, so your order was never placed.

I have now placed your fibre order and took this on as a personal so I can keep a watchful eye over this for you and we have also sent feedback to the agents manager. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused and I will keep you updated regarding this issue.

DanielBurns

The exact same thing has happened with me, it seems to be a regular occurrence, not only that but i have been blatantly lied to both about price, activation and even the fibre service in general.

filed numerous complaints and it gets nowhere, an adviser even said to me they don't have a complaints department....

The worst thing is I have the transcript of the conversation with the adviser not caring at all because he was coming to the end of his shift.

This company I though had great customer service, but since I joined 2 months ago it has been nothing but lies, terrible service, terrible products, no dispatch of the router and terrible advisers.

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi DanielBurns,

Thank you for getting in contact with us regarding this issue.

Your fibre service could not be activated due to capacity issues which we informed you about when the orders for FTTC rejected. I can now confirm that your order has now completed and I have adjusted your account to the agreed deal that you had and corrected your speed profile on your account. If you can reboot your router these should take effect and you will notice the difference. 

DanielBurns

Hey Ben,

I would love for this to be the end of the problem, however it is not. I understand that it may take 10 days for my Broadband to "stabilise"  however there has been no change to the speed no matter how many resets I do of the router.

A plusnet adviser then quoted me fibre Broadband for £5 for 18months of which I have the transcript as proof. 

On my account it still shows as £14.99 so can I email you the transcript an get this offer placed on my account please.

Thanks

StewartAyr

Hi Ben,

Well, Monday 29th was supposed to be the go live date for my fibre connection, but it's come and gone with no activity.

The ticket says it was off hold at 7am, but then nothing.

Seriously not impressed...

regards

Stewart

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi StewartAyr,

I am sorry to hear about this and sorry that I was unable to reply to your last post as I have been away on annual leave. I can see that the service is now connected and connection has been established.

@DanielBurns Can you private message me the details of the transcript please and I will look into this for you.