Problems with porting number

FIXED
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Problems with porting number

Hi Jeff,

A warm welcome to the forums.  Apparently there is a current issue with the UK number porting service (wider than Plusnet) which Plusnet has escalated to their supplier.

Edit: @adam945 types faster!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Jeff09
Hooked

What does Plusnet Team Staff mean by saying that it has only just come to their attention?  My daughter is pulling here hair out, as it is now day 9 with no service.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Hi Jeff,

It means that there is a difference -  a break point - between the circumstances where delays (of a couple of days) can occur due to the complexities of the process ... and oh heck, something does look wrong here.  Also remember that within the "last 9 days" there have been 4 non-working days.

A few years ago someone in the Giff-Gaff user community wrote a really good explanation of how porting works - see Porting in explained - The giffgaff community (archive.org)

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

cuztomer
Dabbler

just checking on the status @adamwalker . Phone has been silent for a while now Sad 

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @cuztomer, I'm really sorry for the ongoing issues and disruption caused.

We don't yet have any further updates to give on this but the teams are working to resolve this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
cuztomer
Dabbler

Thanks @LaurenB 
Would be good to have ETA on the resolution and what options I have here apart from waiting. Any chance calls can be redirected to another number? Tomorrow is going to be two weeks since my number is not working and considering that all services will use this number to reach me, not to mention school or nursery where my kids are, it's not fun at all. 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Have you checked the phone this morning? Worth turning it off and back on to see if there’s been any developments.

cuztomer
Dabbler

@Townman ofc I did! It's not only my morning routine now but my every hour routine. 

cuztomer
Dabbler

Its now 14 days since I switched to Plusnet and lost my service and mobile number.

All I heard so far was that there is an incident and you're not the only one as if it should make me feel better or brings back my service. No options given, no ETA provided.

You decided to switch to Plusnet mobile? Then it was your fault and now all you can do is sit and wait. 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @cuztomer, we're seeing the issue get resolved for many customers today so please try rebooting your phone if you haven't already as you may need to do that for the port to fully take effect.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
cuztomer
Dabbler

@adamwalker Unfortunately I am not amongst those lucky ones. Still no service ...  

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm sorry to see that, as it's looking like things are getting resolved gradually with this I'd expect it to move across soon.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
cuztomer
Dabbler

Its now 15 days since I switched to Plusnet and lost my service and mobile number.

No options given, no ETA provided by support team

cuztomer
Dabbler

Its now 16 days since I switched to Plusnet and lost my service and mobile number. No news, no updates. Just no service. BAU in other words. Long weekend is coming so I am pretty sure I will easy make 3 weeks with no service 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi cuztomer, We've resolved the underlying issue affecting number ports and we're now working through a backlog of these requests, we're expecting yours to be completed within the next 24 hours. Thanks for your patience and apologies again for how protracted this has become.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Typo corrected.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team