Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with porting number

FIXED
cuztomer
Dabbler

Problems with porting number

Hi there,

I joined Plusnet the last Tuesday and since then the number has been porting and no date can be given when this will be finished. The number stopped working with the old carrier on Wednesday and since then I cant use my phone at all. Would appreciate it if someone can help with it. 

32 REPLIES 32
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Problems with porting number

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Mobile Tech Help

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @cuztomer, thanks a lot for getting in touch and I'm really sorry about that. For some reason, the account remains in a pending status despite the number port completing on 13/04/2022. I've just sent an email across to our operations team to see what's gone on here, and have asked them to progress the account. 

I'll give you a shout once I've had a response. Smiley 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
cuztomer
Dabbler

thanks @adam945. I really appreciate your help! Have you heard anything back from the ops team?  

DamianP

Hi @cuztomer, I am having the same problem too. My number was due to port across from EE last Wednesday and ceased working around noon on my old SIM, later that afternoon the data on my new Plusnet SIM stopped working and I’ve had no data, no texts and no access to my number since.

When I called on Thursday I was told I needed a new SIM. I received this today (19/4) and when I called to activate the replacement SIM I was told to wait another 24hrs as there have been huge delays with porting and they will hopefully succeed porting to the first Plusnet SIM in the next day.

So far, six hours later, no joy.

I will be calling again Wednesday afternoon if my number and SIM are not working.

Good luck with yours, hope it gets resolved very soon!!!
cuztomer
Dabbler

ah interesting @DamianP! My number was also ported from EE. I called couple of times and the first time I was told to wait until midnight and the second time I was promised to get it working "shortly". Wasn't able to get a measurable definition of it though. 
Good luck!  

cuztomer
Dabbler

@adam945  it's been more than 24 hours since even a new number stopped working and the one I ported is still not working. I am without any phone number atm and for more than a week now I am without my number and mobile data. I can't even call to support anymore Sad 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

How many providers has this number been with before?

Your issue has been discussed by the superusers - apparently number porting is sometimes not the simple process it should be, especially with numbers which have been with numerous providers in the past.

The fact that both your temporary (new) number and your existing number being ported both now do not work suggests that something has gone wrong with the number routing system.

If you call the numbers, what do you get - number not recognised or call failure?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @cuztomer, our back office team are looking into the issue for us and we're just wating an update from them, we're expecting that to come through within the next couple of days so please bear with us and we'll get back to you as soon as that comes through. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
cuztomer
Dabbler

I have this number for quite some time and ported it 3 or 4 times before. It has never taken longer than 24 hours before .... If I call to the number that I am porting the call fails and the same for the temporary number. 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, it's come to light this afternoon that this is part of a more widespread issue that we're looking into that's preventing ported numbers from being linked to accounts. We're looking into it now and I'll make sure we keep you updated.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

@cuztomer 

Can you make outbound calls on your mobile and if yes, what CLI does that present to the receiving party?

In respect of the identified issue, it should still be possible to make outbound calls and the presented CLI should be the temporary mobile number.  If your experience is different, there is a possibility that you are encountering an unrelated issue.

Always wise to be doubly sure!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

cuztomer
Dabbler

@Townman I have no service on my phone so any outbound (and inbound) call fails straight away. Have no service since at least yesterday morning.  

Jeff09
Hooked

On my recommendation my daughter got her PAC switching code from EE and gave it to Plusnet, as it was a better deal.  The Plusnet sim card arrived and the switch took place except it didn't complete.

If anyone rings my daughters old mobile number they get a message that it isn't taking calls.  While out and about she can't  WhatsApp or text although I think she said she can while on the home wifi.    Phoning Plusnet is a waste of time, as they are not interested, and just tell her to wait indefinitely with no completion date offered.   Well this is day 9 and she is still waiting.   Oh and as a bonus Plusnet did not sign up to the no service compensation scheme offered by proper providers.  
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks for keeping in touch @Jeff09 and I'm really sorry for the ongoing issues here. 

As @adamwalker has mentioned, this is a widespread issue that we have going on at the moment which our back end teams are working to fix as soon as possible. It's not that we're not interested, we simply aren't being given an estimated resolution date right now. 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds