Problems with getting setup

FIXED
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Problems with getting setup

Thanks for the update & flagging this @emdawn90

From an engineer's point of view, it won't be a 'new' line as in brand new cables, but they'd be using a spare line in the existing cabling to connect up to your master socket. I've checked the order and I can see the job's still in hand with an engineer, so if they're able to fix it today you should be up and running before midnight in time for the weekend. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
emdawn90
Dabbler

@Gandalf engineer just left, they couldn’t do it even though it all looked fine. Didn’t understand any of it but I assume you will get some sort of report.. speechless.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @emdawn90

I'm really sorry to see things didn't go to plan today.

I can see the engineer's raised a task for a multi-skilled engineer to investigate the fault they've detected underground. 

The job should be allocated out within the next 2 working days, depending on engineer availability in the area. 

As soon as we know more, we'll let you know. Really sorry once again for the delay. Sad

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
emdawn90
Dabbler

Ok thanks, if there is anything you can do to speed this up I would really appreciate it. I am really starting to struggle with work
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Based on the problems you've had with the original order, I've raised an escalation with our suppliers to see if we can put some more priority on the new order and I should receive a response within the next 24 hours.

However, I've just checked the installation order now and I can see the job's now in hand with another engineer, so fingers crossed they're able to complete the work today, we should get their notes within 24 hours also. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
emdawn90
Dabbler

Thanks @Gandalf fingers crossed
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @emdawn90

Our suppliers have accepted the escalation and advised that as the job's assigned to an engineer, they'll check back tomorrow. We should receive a further update by the close of play tomorrow and I'll let you know when we do. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
emdawn90
Dabbler

Hi @Gandalf, engineers have just left and they said it’s all done and will require activation from the plusnet side. Is this correct? Feels like we are almost there!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @emdawn90 cheers for the update.

Ah that's good news. The order's still open in the supplier systems, so we'll need to wait until that completes.

I've just checked the order detail, and I can see all the engineering tasks are completed, with the last remaining task what's known as "LINE TEST WLR3 Robotic Test" which is an automated line test the systems run before completing the order. 

Once the order's completed, we'll activate your account our side and you should be able to get online.

All this should happen before midnight tonight. Let me know how it goes! Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
emdawn90
Dabbler

Thanks @Gandalf fingers crossed, still can’t believe how long this has gone on. I just had another text to say the order has been delayed.. is this just an auto text?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

For some reason the phone order went into a delayed state, moments before it completed.

The fibre order should follow suit before midnight. Cheers

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @emdawn90

The order's just completed so I've activated your account now.

Can you setup your router and let me know how it goes?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
emdawn90
Dabbler

Hi @Gandalf, thank so much for keeping an eye on this, I really do appreciate it. Reading through the comments you guys do such a good job on this forum. It is finally working (sort of).. it’s been a bit Sketchy but I am told this is normal for a while after install?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Hi @emdawn90, cheers for the feedback. I'm glad to see your broadband's working now.

I've tested your line today and the tests aren't showing any issues with your router getting a stable so far download speed of 40mbps. I'd recommend keeping an eye on it over the next few days, and let us know if you have further issues.

I've just added a reply to the ticket 221716344 logged on your account with an offer for a goodwill gesture due to the delay, which you can view & respond to by going Here.

Feel free to post back once you've responded and I'll be happy to pick this back up. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
emdawn90
Dabbler

Thanks so much, have responded on the ticket