cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text saying order delayed

rodneygodfrey47

Text saying order delayed

I placed an order this morning just got a text to say order has been delayed but not received any emails and there's nothing on my account regarding it what's going on? Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Re: Text saying order delayed

Hello, a warm welcome to the forums.

There are a host of possibilities here, depending on your circumstances:

• Are you already with Plusnet and upgrading or just renewing your contract?
  • Are you migrating your service from another provider to Plusnet?
  • Did you tell or old provider you are leaving?
  • Are you migrating from Sky / Talk Talk?
  • Are you taking over a line elsewhere (as in moving to a new property)?
  • Is the existing service a SOGEA line?

With the exception of the first and last, all of the above can encounter difficulties if the existing supplier has "interfered" with the migration process, by placing a cease order on the line.  There are a multitude of other issues which might arise in BT Openreach's or BT Wholesale's database for your phone line.  The last has a somewhat complex migration process as the existing voice service needs to be migrated from VoIP to good old POTS.

Invariably these issues are sorted quickly and automatically.  The Keep The Customer Informed process can sometimes be a bit sparse with detail.  A staffer will advise if there is anything untoward here.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rodneygodfrey47

Thanks for the reply.
I'm currently with sky and had already told them to cancel my broadband the previous day I then went on to plus net to place my order so do you think this could explain the delay?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Absolutely!!!  You have ticked four of the points listed above!!!

Service migration is a "Gaining Supplier Lead" journey.

Telling the existing supplier that you are leaving on a fixed date gives rise to the following consequences...

1. The existing supplier places a service cease order on a line for that fixed date
  2. No other supplier can then place orders on that line until the cease order completes
  3. The user will be assured of a break in service for both voice and phone
    1. Restarting the voice service typically takes two days - though in the case of Sky which uses VoIP and SOGEA lines, that might be different
    2. Broadband cannot be ordered until the line is restarted
  4. The existing number has a high risk of being lost

The most pragmatic approach here is to contact Sky and request that they lift their cease order so that a new provider can follow the proper take over of a working line process.  After that Plusnet's failed order review process should attempt to replace the orders.

Note that the minimum period of time to take over a working line is 14 days as within that are Ofcom's 10 working day anti-slamming cool of period during which the existing supplier can notify the user that there is a request to take over the line - is that what they wanted?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there,

I've just had a look at this for you and things seem to be back on track now. Our orders are confirmed in the supplier systems and we're due to activate our service for you on the 26th May at anytime before midnight. 

Let me know if there are further issues though or anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet