cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem processing my order

Keithc500

Problem processing my order

Hi i ordered broadband for my new flat 6th march and now 6 days later on 12th march received an email saying there is a problem processing my order but no explanation as to what this is.

Please can someone look into this. Thank you 😊
5 REPLIES 5
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Problem processing my order

Hi Keith,

A warm welcome to the forums.

"My new flat"

Is that new to you or new as in a brand new build?  If the latter would you know if BT Openreach have completed building out their infrastructure in the property?

If there is already a phone socket in the property, is there a dial tone on the line?  If yes, dial 17070 to find our what number it reports and try calling that from a mobile.  That will tell you is there is a serviceable line.

If the flat is "new to you" when did you move in?  Do you know anything about the previous occupant's telephony services?  If they were with Sky or Talk talk, there might be issues recovering the line from them.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Keithc500

Thanks for the response.

The flat is 15 years old but I bought it and moved in 9th March. No idea at all on what service was here before as all left completely empty and I'm unable to test the phone line as I don't have a house phone just a mobile phone.

What's my best course of action?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Wait for a staffer to respond ... get a cheap handset.  They are an essential diagnostic tool.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there,

I'm really sorry for the delay with your order. I've looked into this for you and something's happened I've never seen before. Our systems have submitted 5 orders within the space of 20 mins to our suppliers. I've requested these to be cancelled off now, and once they have been, I'll manually replace the order to provide you with a broadband service.

There's a working line at your flat currently, so this should be a case of us transferring the existing service across. 

I'll check back tomorrow at the latest to follow things up with you. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @Keithc500

The orders aren't yet cancelled but I'm keeping an eye on this for you and tracking it via the ticket raised Here.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet