Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem keeping landline

FIXED
ivesy
Grafter

Problem keeping landline

Hi, I'm moving from Now to Plusnet but there seems to be an issue keeping my landline number. Spoke to a rep from Plusnet this morning and they can't explain why it's coming up as an error.  They are putting my order through again and are asking to keep my landline number but he didn't seem confident this would happen. They said they maybe able to do it after I've joined?

It's not the deal breaker it could have been in the past but for some members of the family its easier to keep the numbe rnot to mention saving from updating contact details with work, banks etc.

I was going to move back to Sky but they also said they couldn't keep the number as I was already with them?? Which is stange as I went from Sky to Now keeping the same landline number?  I saw on another post on here that someone else had the same issue but 'Gandalf' resolved it but it didn't go into any details how this was done. So, I'm wondering how this can be resolved?  The rep this morning said he couldn't see why it couldn't as it's an Openreach number but it's seems to be causin an issue.

Any help or advice would be appreciated 👍

5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: Problem keeping landline

Moderator’s Note

This topic has been moved from Home Phone to My Order

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Fix

Afternoon @ivesy 

I'm really sorry to hear this keeps happening.

I can see we attempted to replace the orders a couple of days ago but things got stuck on our supplier's systems.

I've given things a kick and hopefully we should see some progress soon

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
ivesy
Grafter

thanks, a couple of hours after this post I received an email confirming the number would be transferred over.  SO thanks very much fo the help 👍

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Fantastic news @ivesy I'm glad to hear things are moving forward now

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): The fix has been changed to @MatthewWheeler as per message #3.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still