cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to FTTC

kenm
Grafter

Upgrade to FTTC

When an upgrade to FTTC is activated does an engineer have to manually do it at exchange,

I was due today, but at 11 o clock this morning internet shut down and old router went flashing away.

I went to landline to phone PN but that was dead also. phoned using mobile, got help setting up new hub 2

that's working ok  but still no landline  PN has opened a question and booking engineer check to find out landline.

my min guaranteed speed is 26.6 i was pleased to see a speed test of 19.5 on first day, will this get better over

the next week etc.

Just wondering why my landline has gone off.  I am aware that you lose landline on going to full fibre.

Ken.

16 REPLIES 16
ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 23

Re: Upgrade to FTTC

Hi @kenm, when you upgrade your speed, it can take up to 10 days to settle down and for the line to stabilize. There is an external fault on your landline, this could be a coincidence however it could have been an engineer who may have knocked a wire while swapping your broadband. This fault has been raised and our Suppliers are aware of this.  

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@ClaudiaG23 There is no 10 day training period on FTTC, it is a total myth often spread by ISP's so they do not do anything for 10 days if a customer has poor speeds when their service is activated.

@kenm Since you have a line fault I would not worry too much about the speed until the fault has been fixed, if it doesn't improve raise a speed fault with Plusnet immediately, don't take any notice of this 10 day nonsense.😵

dvorak
Fixes: 1,484

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
kenm
Grafter

Since re-contracting 10 days ago and upgrading to FTTC i have spent more time on the phone to PN, asking for my new prices to show correctly on my account, that was sorted out once ? Then upgraded yesterday to FTTC but phone line knocked out at same time, then today I checked account details, all my price details changed again and my broadband details as agreed to in my contract are wrong on the account,  I now have six questions open. ONE starts regretting making any changes as these are  just the basic details you expect to be correct on viewing our account.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 97

I'm sorry @kenm for the frustrations this is causing as I can see what a hassle it's been for you. 

Our side looks fine so I suspect the issue is with the online account it's self. Can you DM me a screenshot so I can look into this for you?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
kenm
Grafter

Thanks for reply 

i have put further details on the Question for you

Ken

ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 23

Hey @kenm I've commented back to the question for you.

Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team
ColinXSD
Dabbler

10 Days, that is nothing I'm still waiting almost 4 months later.
When I first enquired (mid March), I was told my switch from Sky FTTC to Plusnet FTTC would be quick & easy and I could keep my existing phone number but I would have to put up with ADSL for up to a few days to make sure every thing was OK.
Phone Line switched towards the end of the month but lost our number, eventually got that sorted on 7th June and I had ADSL shortly before.
Anyway, endless problems and one excuse after another, still waiting to get FTTC back and told the order has been placed but won't get it until the 19th July, I said it wasn't good enough need it much sooner and have had this reply on my Questions:

"E-chat request received with reason: Would it be possible to get earlier appointment date for
this order as customer has had several delays on this order?

Spoke with OR SMC, EiVA Conversation Id: 55807615, advised, as I have checked the order
is waiting for KCI 3 and delayed due to Flow Activity which is a flow activity. As this is a
change order on which appointment is not required. Hence I have escalated to get the activity
progressed. Once this activity gets progressed then KCI 3 will get triggered on the order. It
might take 2 working days. I request you to please review back by 12/07/23."

Can anyone decipher what that means for me?
Am I actually going to get it any sooner?

I thought I would ask here before I phone yet again because to be honest I don't believe a word I'm told by the so called Customer Services any more.

Colin.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Colin, I'm so sorry for all the delays. I've checked over the notes about the issue and can see they are right it's due to be resolved by the 12th so we'll chase it up again then and get back to you with an update as soon as we can. The order has been affected by a system issue on our supplier's order platform.

Apologies again for the frustrating experience in the meantime.  

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ColinXSD
Dabbler

Thanks for the quick reply Adam.
I will give it until the 12th then but I am now regretting ever giving them a few more days each time in the past since it has turned into months.

Fingers crossed or I will have no choice than to escalate this to OFCOM and/or Ombudsman or anyone else I can think off to get this resolved.

Colin.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@adamwalker   The order has been affected by a system issue on our supplier's order platform.

For 4 months!  You cannot be serious.😫 Why are your suppliers so hopeless at sorting out these hugely delayed orders, surely it's not rocket science.☹️

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 257

@RealAleMadrid Because the ghosts of 'GPO Telephones' now run BT.

John
ColinXSD
Dabbler

It was not just the suppliers, it wasn't helped by Sky not correctly registering our address on the database when our two properties become one (because the phone line entered a property that technically doesn't exist any more even though it was serving the current one) which I told Plusnet and they said it wasn't a problem.
Apparently Plusnet didn't tick a box somewhere (according to Sky), so I got a new line (and number) for Plusnet even though I was still using the Sky line (which I didn't realise).
Then basically Lines and Numbers got mixed up. That was roughly the first month, it has taken almost 3 months (and as many new Contracts because of more boxes not being ticked) to sort the mess out.
Each time I was told it has been going to be fixed in 3-5 working days, unfortunately I gave them the benefit of the doubt (wished I hadn't now I have learnt so much about how the BT Openreach Network works).
But the common denominator seams to be BT Openreach which seems to have the Monopoly (around here at least) and don't seem to be supplying Plusnet with the service they need.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting back to us @ColinXSD 

I'm really sorry to hear this is still ongoing and for the inconvenience caused.

I've taken ownership of this moving forward for you and updated the ticket on your account here.

If there's anything else I can help with in the meantime let me know

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team