Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet thinks I'm already on Full-Fibre

FIXED
OryxCallotis
Grafter

PlusNet thinks I'm already on Full-Fibre

I made this topic a while ago, never got round to sorting it.

Asked the landlord today, he's happy for me to do whatever to get the line changed to full-fibre, and hopefully get the mix-up sorted. I had a look at upgrading my own connection via online and, as expected, I got this e-mail after confirming everything;

a.png

Should I do anything on my end yet, or wait for someone to check it first?

15 REPLIES 15
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 53

Re: PlusNet thinks I'm already on Full-Fibre

@OryxCallotis 

As far as I'm aware you wait for PN to do their checks and then contact you.

AS you currently have a landline I assume you're aware you lose your phone service when you move to FTTP. If the number is important to you you'd need to "port" it ASAP after FTTP is installed.

Brian

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 425

@OryxCallotis  as was suggested on your previous thread, there's likely a problem on Openreachs database with the existing FTTP connection being wrongly associated. If you don't here from PN in the next day or so, then give Customer services a call and find out what the problem is.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 222

Hey @OryxCallotis This will be due to what Will has helped you with here: Ping times - Plusnet Community

When there's an open fault it stops us being able to make changes to your service. Once that's out of the way we'll be able to get that moving again for you. 

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Just checking back in as I can see the fault has been cleared back to us meaning it should be fixed now. Can you check on that and let me know please and I'll get things moving with your order.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
OryxCallotis
Grafter

Thanks, I took a look but my ping times are still like double what they've been for the past few years, and my download speeds are down to about 5MB/s from 7MB/s or so. I've heard that having your router go off and on multiple times (having the power cut out, mentioned in the other topic) triggers something in the network that makes it think your connection is unstable, so it moves you onto a slower, more stable, line (something like that).

Don't know if that's anything to do with it, or if it's to do with my application for FTTP and needing to get an engineer out. 👴

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No worries, it's the other way around if you get me, the FTTP application can't move forward because of the fault. No sign of needing an engineer yet.

The way we detected the cause of the high pings is due to line tests failing showing a "noisy copper line" so that side of it has been fixed and line tests are passing but we're seeing this manifesting as a dropping connection.

That will be happening as because it was a landline fault that's started a 3 day stabilization period so we'll just need to wait for that to pass first to see how things are.

I know it's a bit complex to say the least but lets see how things are on Friday to cut a long story short and if it's no better we'll likely need to send out an engineer.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
OryxCallotis
Grafter

My pings and download speeds are still the same. 😲 

But I'm assuming an engineer will be coming down anyway, to get the FTTP installed. 😌

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry to see that, it all depends on which you'd prefer to do first as booking a fault engineer will delay the installation and vice versa. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
OryxCallotis
Grafter

If someone could see if there's a fault first then do the FTTP install after that'd be great, if there's an option.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

what are your pings like at the moment and can you run a speed test over a wired connection for us too please?

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
OryxCallotis
Grafter

My download speeds used to be around 70Mbps or so. Not really that bothered if I'm getting FTTP though.

Clipboard01.png

My pings to cloudflare/google DNS/BBC all used to be around 14-16ms (consistent) and now they're about double (consistent). 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Cheers for that, line tests are showing speeds are below estimates too. 

We just need to do some checks on your set up as a matter of course for the next step. 

We can do that by giving you a call and going through an app called "Rescue Lens" which is usually the quickest way so let me know if that works for you. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
OryxCallotis
Grafter

Thanks a lot, the app's installed. If someone rings, it'd be great if it's after 2pm as I work nights.

I got an text today saying the FTTP gets switched on as well, on the 26th. Is an engineer coming around for that as well? I'm guessing they need to replace the phone socket and wiring with all the kit you need for FTTP.

ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 25

Fix

Hi @OryxCallotis it looks like the order has progressed in-between us waiting to raise the fault. 

It's entirely up to you, I can cancel the upgrade to Full Fibre and carry on with the fault or we can leave it for the upgrade to go through? 

Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team