cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order delayed

Michellechapman
Hooked

Order delayed

I am a new customer and my broadband was supposed to complete on the 15th April. This has not happened and got a message saying order delayed.
I spoke to someone yesterday and they said it would be on in 24 hours. This has now passed and still nothing.
Extremely not happy at this as we have been left without broadband ( old provider has stopped) we have a disabled family member who relies on Alexa to remain independent and this has had an impact on them!
I need answers ASAP! Has this happened to anyone else?
15 REPLIES 15
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Order delayed

@Michellechapman Welcome to the forums. Did the agent yesterday give any reason for the delay - unlikely I know, but sometimes they do?

What lights are on the Hub, and have you tried to connect?

John
Michellechapman
Hooked

The hub is orange and the b on the router flashes orange. They said it was something to do with openreach, but it had been chased up and should be working today, but still isn’t.
jab1
Legend

OK, could be that BTOR have had engineer issues - they do need to physically visit your street cabinet to complete FTTC connections. Hopefully one of the Help Team will pick this up now you have posted.

John
csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 25

@Michellechapman 

Hi Michelle!

I'm really sorry to hear you're experiencing a delay with your broadband order. I've picked this up for you today to find out what's happening and spoken to Openreach. 

Are you available for a quick call? I'll run through what was advised by Openreach today and let you know the next steps with your account/order. If not just let me know and I'll open a ticket on your account with the same info. 

- Curtis, Plusnet Sheffield

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
Michellechapman
Hooked

Hi could you open a ticket with this info on please?
Michellechapman
Hooked

Can you put the info on a ticket please?
csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@Michellechapman 

Not a problem, you can find the open ticket here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=223726236 , you'll also be able to reply to this if you have any questions. 

I've also sent an email across to you with the same info. 

When accessing the above ticket, please ensure you log into the member centre first and then follow the link. You should also find on your member centre homepage a pop up box advising that a ticket is open, you can follow this to reply. Also, ensure you don't open any links from us through Social Media.

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
Michellechapman
Hooked

Can you please look at the ticket? I have yet again recieved another message saying it has been delayed. I’m sorry, but it’s really not acceptable. I am paying for a service we don’t receive and I feel like I am being robbed off.
This really isn’t a good first impression into what I am getting from plusnet
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Michelle, I'm so sorry that your broadband service hasn't gone live yet as promised, I appreciate that must be causing further frustration and disruption for you. I've just picked this up as Curtis doesn't start work until a little later today. Having chased it up with our supplier Openreach they also pass on their apologies and mentioned that engineer resourcing issues in your area meant they weren't able to activate the service yesterday, however that's set to go ahead today. 

I'll make sure that Curtis is aware so he can follow things up with you later and please reply back in the meantime if you need to.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Michellechapman
Hooked

I am really losing the will to live. I was promised my internet would be put on today but numerous people. Gone 5pm and still nothing.
Literally need the internet to do my job and I can’t do that.
Can you point me in the right direction to make a formal complaint please.
Sorry and empty promises are just not good enough now.
csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Michelle, I understand that this is really frustrating and a complaint has already been raised on the account. 

All teams that are currently involved are at the highest escalation point at the moment and as confirmed earlier today Openreach have already marked this as a high priority with the relevant team. Orders can completed at any time which is why the review date has been set for tomorrow. 

At the moment we need to allow Openreach to complete the required work and once they have we can get the order completed.

I've also updated the ticket with the same info. 

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
jab1
Legend

@Michellechapman I don't work for Plusnet, but do understand the way the systems do (or sometimes don't) work. If you are having FTTC, as I suspect,  this entails Openreach technicians making physical changes in the street cabinet, and if, due to unforeseen situations, this does not happen, they make best effort to complete as soon as possible, and @adamwalker has stated above that this will happen today. It can take up to midnight for all the bits to fall into place.

John
Michellechapman
Hooked

Hi.
Still no broadband. Csn you shed some light please?
csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Michelle, I'm really sorry that this delay is on going. I've checked to see if an update has come in but nothing has been advised just yet. 

The case handler advised me that they would get back to me today before the end of the day, I'll keep an eye for this and update you once I know more. 

Thank you for your on going patience with this. 

- Curtis, Sheffield Plusnet 

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team