cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order cancelled without telling me! SOGEA line

pinevale

Order cancelled without telling me! SOGEA line

Order placed on the 8th March, explained about it being a SOGEA line currently. On the phone for over an hour while technical staff were consulted on how to properly process this order, was told all sorted and an engineer would need to visit the property to activate at a cost of £49 - this was booked in for TODAY. In the meantime I had a confirmation email and the router arrived.

Fast forward to today and I thought it was odd I hadn't had any contact from the engineer re a time so I just called only to be told the order has been rejected! Did anybody think this might be worth telling me, the customer - who has taken the rest of the day off work to travel to the property and wait for the engineer! It's really poor service...

The person I just spoke to has now informed me I do not need to be at the property for activation (and is refunding the £49), but that the whole order needs to be redone and will take another 2-3 weeks (this is really upsetting as I'm renovating the property on a tight schedule and now have to cancel the contractors due in on Monday). 

My faith is obviously now low that this will actually get processed correctly (and that I'll be kept informed), given the first time I ordered was over an hour of checks to ensure it would all go through.

Can any team members here double check the order and confirm everything now looks good to proceed? And also provide an activation date?Huh

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Order cancelled without telling me! SOGEA line

Hi there,

I'm really sorry for the delay with your order and the hassle we've caused you by the missed engineer visit.

I can see when you initially signed up to us we chose an appointment date of the 16th, but from what I can see this wasn't ever confirmed. I'm really sorry if we've set the wrong expectations with you at the outset. Sad

From what I can see our systems hadn't submitted the order onto our supplier systems properly due to a line at the property being SOGEA. We then manually picked this up and placed an order for an engineer to install a new line, but that order failed in the supplier systems as the phone & broadband elements hadn't matched up together. 

To place an order against a SOGEA line, we have to e-mail the suppliers of our ordering system to place the phone order, because we can't place the order ourselves in the conventional way. When we e-mail them we manually place the broadband order, which then links up to the phone order they place.

The adviser you've spoken to this morning started this process by placing your broadband order and emailing our suppliers to place the phone order. The good news is that as the SOGEA line is in a "stopped" state, we don't need to adhere to the minimum 10 working day timeframe when taking over an active line.

How fast our suppliers process the order would largely be dependent on engineer availability to carry out external work. An engineer shouldn't need access to your property though. 

We should be able to provide an update within the next 24-48 hours, but feel free to get back to me here if you've got further queries or issues and I'll be happy to help. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
pinevale

Hi there, thanks for your help, I’ve not heard anything and was told I’d get an update yesterday. Please could you look into it for me, thanks
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, I'm sorry you haven't had an update yet, I've just checked and can see we placed the order against your line yesterday and that's due to complete on 25/3/22. Please give me a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pinevale

Great Sad
So we still wont have any broadband this coming week and now have to cancel more tradespeople.
Are you saying that after Friday (25th) we can just plug in the router weve been sent and it should work?
Your colleague was also going to refund the £49.99 (last Wednesday) we paid for an engineer to come out, and no sign of it yet, any ideas? Can you process this ASAP please?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Yes everything should be up and running for phone and broadband on the 25th, with regards to the refund I can see that was put through on Wednesday, that can take up to 10 working days so the funds should reach your account by 30/3/22 at the very latest. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pinevale

We’ve still had no email or phone call to confirm this date. PLEASE can someone call or email to confirm when services will definitely be going live
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @pinevale

@adamwalker's comment above should serve as confirmation of your activation date. We're able to access the account and view the orders, as I've done today. I too can confirm that your services are due to go live on 25/03/2022. 

Also, it does look like we sent you an email on this ticket confirming your activation date. Smiley 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds