cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Openreach engineer didn't turn up

Prostheticss1
Hooked

Openreach engineer didn't turn up

Hi an openreach engineer was supposed to install full fibre to my property last Friday.
They didn't show so I rung plusnet and they said they would update me first thing Monday morning about what is happening and let me know about compensation.
But I haven't heard anything yet?
7 REPLIES 7
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

Re: Openreach engineer didn't turn up

Ofcom Automatic Compensation Scheme

Plusnet is signed up to the Ofcom Automatic Compensation Scheme - see Automatic Compensation FAQs. Plusnet will pay you automatic compensation in the following circumstances:

1. Delayed activation of your broadband and/or landline service
  2. Delayed repair following a total loss of service
  3. Missed appointments

For compensation to be paid, you must have a CONFIRMED date for the failed activity. To see what is happening in detail, check the ticket history on your account - log into the portal in another tab, return here and click the PN TICKET link below. Look at the details of the tickets; if there appears to be no recent activity, contact support.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 223

Hi @Prostheticss1, I'm sorry that there's been a missed engineer visit. Could you send me a private message with your username please? FYI you'll need to get your post count to above 5 in order to send messages.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Send a Personal Message

Support staff might ask for private information to be sent via a Personal Message (PM) which new users might not know how to do. Further to that, new users might not have sufficient ranking (Just Browsing, Interested and Newbie) to send PMs:-

• Have made 5 or more posts
  • Have logged in (and out) at least twice and made 3 posts

Having attained the (Hooked) ranking a PM is sent as follows:-

1. Click on the staff member's name in the left panel
    Web capture_27-11-2022_111734_community.plus.net.jpeg
  2. Click on SEND PRIVATE MESSAGE on the right
    Web capture_27-11-2022_113524_community.plus.net.jpeg

Note that PMs sent to one staff member are visible to all staff members to provide support continuity across working rosters.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Prostheticss1
Hooked

How to check if all external work is complete

Hi, how can I check if all external work has been completed by openreach before my activation?

Moderators Note

Topics merged. Multiple posts relating to the same issue causes delays and confusion.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Re: How to check if all external work is complete

Did you send Adam the information requested above?

Prostheticss1
Hooked

It won't let me send him a message
Prostheticss1
Hooked

It's let me send him a message now