cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House Move Delay - Poor Communication

aharis
Hooked

House Move Delay - Poor Communication

Has anyone else found Plus Net to be completely incompetent and slow with House Moves? My order is continually cancelled or delayed and no reason given as to why. Not once has anyone rang me about this, I have vague messages on my account and then no response for a week. The phone lines are continually engaged when I try to ring up, with waiting times of nearly and hour and I only get fobbed off on the phone. I’m at the absolute end of my patience now as I need the internet for my job.

What’s my rights in regards to cancelling all contracts and moving elsewhere? Or can I contact the Ombusman and get my complaint taken seriously.
6 REPLIES 6
dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Re: House Move Delay - Poor Communication

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Order 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 222

Thanks a lot for taking my call a few minutes back. 

I'm really sorry about the admittedly lacking communication about your order and I've taken ownership of getting you connected as soon as we possibly can. 

I've summarised everything we discussed on your account which you can check here https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=229711611

As promised I'll get back in touch at around 4.30 tomorrow with an update.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
aharis
Hooked

It’s 10/01/2023 and I’m still without internet. Despite advising Plus Net on 06/12/2022 about my move, they have provided excuse after excuse for why the internet has not been connected. Not once have they offered to send a temporary internet router out, instead they have left me without internet.

The dates for connection have been constantly changed and the engineer who came out today, had the wrong address on the works order as Plus Net advised them incorrectly.

I’ve been told I am entitled to Ofgem compensation but as they cancelled the order originally and constantly changed the date, I even have doubts over what they will be paying me.

I wouldn’t recommend the House Move Service at all
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 164

Some facts about why the cancellations occurred would be useful context for others reading you observations.

Typically with house moves one of the following happens and there is zero the incoming CP / ISP can do about it, they are bound by Ofcom regulatory rules...

1. The existing occupant has told their provider to cease the service on the date that they plan to vacate the property - that results in a service cease order on the line from the current provider which totally inhibits any other provider from raising orders until the cease has been executed
  2. The new provider (in this case Plusnet) successfully placed the orders for your house move, which gave rise to a service take over notice to the existing occupant ... who has the right to cancel that order via their provider ... which cancels PlusNet's orders

The above can go on in circles until the existing user vacates the property, at which pint Plusnet can place new orders ... which at best (and without there being other issues with BTw and BT Openreach) will take 10 working days to complete.  In recent weeks there has been a lot on non-working days, BTOR engineers have been on strike and there is a substantial backlog of installation work.

In the middle of this, the best that Plusnet can do is to communicate whatever (if anything) comes from BTw / BTOR.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

aharis
Hooked

So just a few points …

Plus net didn’t communicate with me and instead cancelled the order. The only way I got communication was by posting on this forum. Before then, no one would update the tickets or tell me information. I might as well just spoke to the cat.

They also forgot to re apply the order after the cease date and only did so after I spent 45/50 mins waiting on the phone for this to be re done.

The vacation date was mid December, we are now in January - it’s been well over 10 days (taking into account the bank hols). I’ve finally got internet later this evening but it has been slow.

I was told it would be easy to go down one route for internet (although more expensive) and it would be quicker which is untrue. There have been constant delays and push backs and Plus Net have just fobbed me off at every corner.

The order given to the OpenReach engineer also had the wrong address on it. And when I spoke to the engineer, whilst there is a shortage, there isn’t in my area (at least 4 engineers live on my estate!) and he was confused as to why I was told to purchase an internet/landline package when the house was set up for the new direct fibre.

So I stand by my original statement - I wouldn’t recommend the House Move service. This isn’t the first issue I’ve had with plus net with them previous blocking my line at another property when I tried to leave them for a better deal.

The whole experience has been disappointing and full of empty promises.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 222

Hi there, 

I'm so glad the connection went live yesterday afternoon from what I can see. 

I know the house move experience has been a nightmare for you and was compounded by us setting expectations about expediting the orders for the new line and broadband which didn't go to plan either. 

I'll get in touch later today to have a chat about connection speeds and make sure that and anything else that needs to be gets sorted out. 

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team