Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offered a new contract.

FIXED
Kevstar
Dabbler

Offered a new contract.

Hi, I have been offered a new contract that I would like to take out at £21.95 a month.

I already have fibre and evening and mobile calls in my existing contract but we don't want the phone package just the fibre. when we select the new offer for £21.95 and proceed it adds the phone package we are already on which we don't want.

There is an option to start over but every time it adds the phone package which ups the price to nearly 30 pounds.

Could some one sort this out if possible, Many thanks in advance, Kev.

28 REPLIES 28
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Offered a new contract.

Fix

Hi Kev,

I can't see anything out of place on your account which we can fix, so I recommend putting the renewal through with the phone package then once the renewal completes, remove the phone package afterwards.

Let me know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Kevstar
Dabbler

Hi, thanks for replying.

I did what you said and took out the new contract including the call package

I'm afraid it doesn't work. when i try to remove the call package it then goes up to out of contract price of 38 pounds and tells me it will take that amount out in one month.

I would just like it to remove the call package to the 21.95 i was offered.

Thank for the help so far and any further help is appreciated.

Kev

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me Kev.

When changing call plan, our product change system doesn't take into account of any discounts you may have in the price it quotes, but those discounts should stay on after the change goes through.

Could you put the change through and let me know how it goes?

In the unlikely event the discounts are removed, we can fix. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Kevstar
Dabbler

Hi, thanks again.

I've have completed the order and I'm happy to say that we have received an email stating that its for the lower price of 21.22. I cant access my account at the moment as its updating the change so I will get back to you if anything is different.

Thanks for all your help regarding this small hiccup Smiley

Kev

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Kev,

Awesome, no problem. That email would just refer to line rental but your broadband cost (with discounts) should be on top. 

Let me know how it goes and if there's anything else you'd need help with. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Kevstar
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf.

It seems to have worked. Thankyou again for helping. Great service once again from Plusnet Smiley

Kev,

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Kev,

Excellent! Looking good. No problem, let me know if there are further issues or anything else you'd need help with Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
WasJohn
Grafter

Was this the Black Friday offer? I am puzzling how to use it when I already have fibre and a call plan.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @WasJohn

Are you out of contract or within the last 3 months of one? You'll only be able to renew if you are.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
astro_L
Dabbler

This one caught me out!  I rang to discuss a renewal query (price quite unreasonable!), and they offered me a seemingly good deal.  Only later did I realise the trap that they had set and into which I fell. They split up the broadband and phone contract so that I can now only renew the last one after the other one has already been agreed!  I now have to work out how to escape.  Meanwhile there is no email address to contact Plusnet and the phone line is always busy for x hours!

<sigh>

Lawrence

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for your post @astro_L

I'm really sorry for the confusion. 

Now that doesn't sound right at all. Your phone and broadband contracts are tied together, however you may have had the option to pay your line rental upfront to us for 12 months in the form of line rental saver. This doesn't change your contract start or end date. We don't offer line rental saver anymore so this you can't renew however we've fixed your line rental at the price it was when you started your contract instead of asking you to pay the higher price. 

I'll be happy to call you back if it's easier to go through this over the phone?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
WasJohn
Grafter

I haven't a clue, when whatever contracts I already have need renewing I'll whinge as usual.  Looking at the promotion that I was sent, I see that it mentioned one of my other mobile 'phone numbers. I can assume that the left hand (Liverpool way?) still doesn't communicate with the Right Hand 😙

By the way, part of the terms doesn't make sense: Unlimited Fibre Broadband and line rental: Average 36Mb. Price from month 19 currently £21.45 a month for the first 18 months, then from £36.52 a month, with a £50.00 Plusnet Reward Card. 18 month contract. No activation fee, was £10.00. Plusnet line rental is £20.29 a month.

I read that as being for the first 18 months after month 19 the rate is currently £21.45 but it won't be when you get there.  What is a Plusnet reward card? It is the first I've heard of one - does it entitle me to 50 quid off something that I don't want?

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @WasJohn

Thanks a lot for getting back to us.

Correct, so the first 18 months of your new contract, you'll pay £21.45 per month. however the discounts on your service will only last through the contracted period of 18 months, so on month 19, you''ll then pay full price for your services. You will have the option to re-contract within the last three months, so that you don't end up paying full price for your service.

In terms of the Plusnet Reward Card, this is usually a pre paid debt card (MasterCard) which will be sent to your address within the first 30 days of your new contract going live. On some occasions, it's simply a cheque that you'll be able to cash in, it depends on the offer.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
mar7t1n
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I had a simialr - "it's all done by hand experience". I clicked to renew on the offer email but computer said no. So was directed to call. I decied I'd just ask for it to be 24 months to save the faffing. After an excutating 32 mins on a call, while I was taking through a load of T&C's that I'd already had - the button was duly clicked. But it's still not quite right!

Seems the new contract starts in a months time, not either straight away or at the expiry of the old contract. So there is 3 weeks at full price. Some text mentions 24 months, but 12 has been left in elsewhere. I know it's probably because it's all just typed up by hand - I was sat on hold for 10 minutes while it was typed up for no other reason I could see than to keep the helpdesk guys line locked on a customer call.

Plusnet you need to slicken and automate this. Customers are very happy to just click to renew - but if renewal becomes a painful experience, next time it might just be easier to renew with another provider who do it all online. The same is true of mobile. I'd click today to upgrade to mates rates data for £6 a month, but not sure I can face 35 mins on a call to discuss it. The website doesn't seem to know I'm a BB customer so I'm only offered 3GB for £6. Way more than I use now of course, but feel short changed vs new customer deals of 7GB for £6, so I just leave it.