cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number not being released by old provider …. Need alternative solution to just rerequesting…

stevejmorris
Hooked

Number not being released by old provider …. Need alternative solution to just rerequesting…

Hi

This is possibly the worst customer experience of my 50years on this planet.

I've had an outstanding issue trying to port standard broadband from ProviderX to plusnet and retaining my number.

The change was supposed to happen last Tuesday 22nd Feb, however, I lost the original bb as part of the switch and it hasn’t been reinstated!!! I work from home, I live in the country so have poor mobile.

I was told after lots of calls my delayed order would complete today 28th Feb but it hasn’t. I called provisioning I’m told ProviderX have not released my number and a request has been resubmitted and I now have to wait til Weds for an update. I can’t, sorry.

I called ProvIderX and they have submitted a query to their Tier2 provisioning.  Each call takes hours and hours to get through.

Im hoping one of the helpful plus net team on this forum can do something to directly help, I don’t care about the number now I presume if I ask for a new number that won’t help and I’ll have to place a new order???? And wait 2 more weeks.

we’re all encouraged to switch providers to save costs and when we do this disaster happens. Plusnet team please advise if I can be assigned a new number to expedite or something else.

thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Number not being released by old provider …. Need alternative solution to just rerequesting…

Hi @stevejmorris

I'm really sorry to see your service isn't working due to the delay with bringing your landline number across. 

I've escalated this with our suppliers number porting team and I'll provide an update as soon as I know more, which should be either today or tomorrow at the latest. In the meantime, I've manually ordered your router we'll put in the post as soon as we can, so you have it when we do activate your services with us.

I don't feel that we're yet at the stage where changing your number would help, because we would indeed need to cancel the order and replace it, which would likely take a lot longer. 

Once I've got an update I'll let you know by updating the ticket 222230896 on your account. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
stevejmorris
Hooked

Re: Number not being released by old provider …. Need alternative solution to just rerequesting…

Thanks an update would be appreciated.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @stevejmorris

I've not yet had a response back to the supplier escalation I'd raised, so I've sent this off to the next level. 

I'm quietly confident this will be thoroughly investigated tomorrow and I'll have a plan to activate your service with us. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @stevejmorris

Apologies for the delayed update. I've been chasing this up with our suppliers number porting escalation team.

The number port originally was rejected because at the time I'm told there was an open order with your previous provider, and this should've cancelled our transfer order but for some reason it didn't.

The number porting team have worked to contact your previous provider to release your number to us today and carry out engineering work at the exchange to activate your phone line with us.

However, due to the nature of the delay, the order is now stuck in the supplier systems, that is preventing your broadband from going live, so I've got in touch with our suppliers helpdesk, and they've raised this to the relevant team to manually complete the order as soon as possible, which should be within 24 hours.

I've been given a review date of Friday to allow 1 working day but I'll be checking this for you again tomorrow.

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
stevejmorris
Hooked

@Gandalf Anoush there seems to have been movement on the number but i'm advised BB wont go live til tomorrow.

Can you try and get BB activated today at all please?

THank you for your help.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @stevejmorris

I've tried but I'm afraid that I was advised by our suppliers they can't complete the order today.

I'll be out of the office tomorrow until 08.03.22 so I'll ask a colleague to follow things up while I'm away. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @stevejmorris 

I just wanted to post back to follow things up with you following our call.

We've escalated your complaint to our High Level Escalations team who will contact you today or tomorrow.

You can track the updates on the ticket logged here > https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=222230896

If you've got further concerns or there's anything else you'd need help with, feel free to get back to me. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet