cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No router, activation date or email URGENT

deedeesween

No router, activation date or email URGENT

My fiancé works from home. Sky has now cancelled our broadband.
It has been at least 10 working days... we only received a letter dated the 14th, no email confirmation, only a letter stating you're getting the service ready. We have heard nothing else. Our account says nothing after the phone line is all OK etc and just waiting to get it ready. When will we receive this!? We use everything through the Internet. I'm so upset. And we have a whole weekend to wait and my fiancé was mean't to be working tomorrow at home and now our Internet has been disconnected. Please help!
4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: No router, activation date or email URGENT

@deedeesween   Welcome to the forum.

I hope that you have not fallen into the trap of cancelling the Sky service rather than leaving Plusnet to.take over the working service? If so, you may need to brace yourself for a minimum delay from when the Sky service was terminated of a couple of weeks.

If it’s been left to Plusnet to organise then this should not have happened and is probably caused by a lack of Openreach technician availability.

Can you tether to your mobile phone until it’s sorted?

Hopefully a Plusnet staffer will come along and advise.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

deedeesween

I let plusnet deal with it it as they both sent a letter at the same time saying plus net is being activated (no advice on date except for expected within 10 working days) and sky cancelling on 28th which is 10 working days from the letter.

I called plusnet this morning and yep.. waiting for open reach. So I'm stuck. Apparently I'll hear today but except for a letter I've not received any contact yet. The adviser didn't sound very helpful. Not a good welcome to plusnet if you ask me... let's hope I hear something soon.
deedeesween

Oh and I would but I only have 15 gb of data. I have alot of home devices that run via WiFi, so its just annoying. I feel more sorry for my other half working on the weekend and now has to travel to work instead of work at home.
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks for your time on the phone this afternoon @deedeesween and I'm extremely sorry for the issues with our orders, which have lead to them failing and having to be replaced, particularly as you now have no service with the previous supplier.

I've just sent you an email summarising our call if you'd like to have a look, the ticket remains in a specific team pool on our end, so I'm confident it'll be picked up on a priority basis.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds