Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No fibre activation on the 25th March as per confirmation email

FIXED
IansMusical

No fibre activation on the 25th March as per confirmation email

Hello,

Having been an ADSL customer for some time I decided to switch to VSDL fibre and was given an activation date in the confirmation email of 25th March (last Friday) but at no point in the day did I loose my ADSL connection, given that an engineer has to physically move the phone wires at the local exchange/cabinet.

Has anyone else experienced this, did the order actually get placed by the operative I spoke to or is there a delay with activations?

Thanks in advance,

Ian

5 REPLIES 5
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Re: No fibre activation on the 25th March as per confirmation email

Fix

Hiya @IansMusical

Thanks for getting in touch, I appreciate it and I am sorry for the delay. 

I have checked the order and it was placed on the date the fibre deal was taken and the first available engineer appointment for them to carry out the work externally was on the 30th. Please get back in touch if you have any further queries. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
IansMusical

Hi @SammyM,

Thank you for your prompt reply and for checking the order status.

It would have been useful to have been notified of this change otherwise I'm left wondering when. Perhaps an activation expected, estimated or a date range could be provided in the confirmation email.

I naturally appreciate that you're relying on an external engineer being available and knowing this was the reason for the delay I'm happy to wait for the 30th March.

Thanks again,

Ian

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Not a problem and I completely understand. I have checked the account and a service notice was sent here on the 18th advising of the new date. I will pass on feedback as I can see why this is easily missed, I am really sorry about that.  

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
IansMusical

Hi @SammyM,

To close this thread I'm pleased to say that my fibre activation took place on the 30th as per the revised date.

Thanks,

Ian

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

That it awesome news @IansMusical, please get back in touch if you need any further help Smiley

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team