cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Acknowledgement

Chobbes65
Dabbler

No Acknowledgement

Hi, I signed up for broadband yesterday as a new customer, but haven't received any acknowledgement of this. No email or text has arrived, so do I just presume it has gone through?
I made a payment with my debit card, which had been taken, but other than that, nothing.
Thanks
23 REPLIES 23
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: No Acknowledgement

It looks like the email address associated with the account is the one that we're giving you @Chobbes65, and isn't the one associated with your Community Forum account. To change this, please log into your online Member Centre.

Our Provisioning Team are currently in the process of placing the orders to take over the services on your line, we're having to do things a little differently though as the line registered at the property is what we call an SOGEA line.

No actions are required from yourself though, once the orders have been placed and have progressed, you'll receive your activation date. Let me know if you have any further questions at all. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Chobbes65
Dabbler

Hi, thanks for the response. I have no idea why the email address is a plusnet one and not the one I registered with!! I've changed it now anyway, so will hopefully receive updates going forward.
I don't understand SOGEA, but I'm sure it means something to everybody else.
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fair enough @Chobbes65

An SOGEA line runs on slightly different technology to the standard PSTN service, so the way we place the orders differs slightly. There's been a slight issue with the original orders to take over the line, but I've popped your account into my personal workflow and will replace the orders once the current ones are cancelled down.

Please disregard any automated emails stating that orders have been cancelled for now, I'll be in touch once we have a new committed activation date. Smiley

Adam
Chobbes65
Dabbler

Thank you. Hopefully it won't delay the activation date by long, as I've tied it in to when we're off work for a week.

Need it to be all up and running for when we're working from home again. 

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for getting back to me @Chobbes65

I'll be replacing the orders later today, so hopefully we'll have an activation date by the end of the week. Have you just moved into the property? Your services with the current provider won't be cut off until we take over the line.

Adam
Chobbes65
Dabbler

Hi, no we haven't just moved in, but I was trying to avoid switching on a work day, as we both start early and I'll have to set up the router etc.
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Ah fair enough, yeah that makes sense.

We'll have tons of notice as to when the switch date is, but if you want to give us a shout on the switch date itself, once the previous supplier have cut you off, we'll see if we can get you activated ahead of our automated system. Smiley

I've replaced your orders this afternoon so we'll know when you're going live shortly.

Adam
Chobbes65
Dabbler

Ok thanks, let's see what the go live date is and take it from there.
Chobbes65
Dabbler

Hi, thanks for the email about the activation date of 22 February.
Unfortunately, this doesn't work for me, as I need Internet access for work by 6.30am. I did explain that I'd specifically timed the order around me being off work for a week, but as you cancelled the order, then reinstated, its pushed it on another week.
It looks like I'm going to have to cancel (I'm within my cooling off period), so could you let me know please how I do this and how I have my payment refunded?
Many thanks.
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hello @Chobbes65

Thanks a lot for getting back to me and I'm sorry to see that the activation date has been pushed back, I did request the 18th, however it's been pushed back due to engineer availability. This isn't concrete though, and can be amended by ourselves, are there any other dates beyond the 22nd that you'd like me to push the orders back to? Your services with the current provider will remain active in the meantime. (activation dates cannot be on a weekend).

If you would like to cancel though, this will have to be done through our Customer Options Team, if you'd like to give them a call on 0800 013 2632.

Adam
Chobbes65
Dabbler

Thanks for the quick reply, I don't have any more leave planned until May, so can't schedule anything in at the moment.
I'll call the customer services number later today to cancel.
Thanks again for all your help in trying to sort this out for me.
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Ah okay, sorry to hear that @Chobbes65

Downtime is usually less that two hours on the switch date to be honest, although we can't fully guarantee it. But once you've been cut off by the previous supplier, you can always contact us to see if our orders are complete, then we can manually activate the broadband component.

It's up to you though, let us know if you need anything else. Smiley

Adam
Chobbes65
Dabbler

Will do, thanks so much.
Chobbes65
Dabbler

Hi, I've just cancelled the order but am still keen to transfer at a later date (probably late April).

When the time comes, would it be easier to place an order over the phone to try to nail down a definite migration date, rather than do it online?