cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New order

Emma4

New order

I paid for a new broadband package on the 26th July. I've tried online chat, I've tried calling to be left on hold for over 1.5 hours. I've received no communication from them to find out when my broadband will be live, I currently have no Internet at home  because my other provider had cancelled my service. I've had to pay for add ons through my mobile data to work. 

Absolutely shambles, I moved provider as I heard nothing but good reviews, but I'm debating changing completely again.

11 REPLIES 11
johnanddawncole

Re: New order

I'm in exactly the same situation
What a load of rubbish
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

@Emma4 , @johnanddawncole If I'm reading you both correctly, you told your previous providers you were leaving? For a long time - years, a provider move is Gaining Provider Led - in other words, you sign up with the new provider and they handle the transfer and your connection remains with your current ISP until - usually - the early hours of the notified transfer date.

You will both have accounts with Plusnet - if you log into those, are there any notifications?

John
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 60

If you told your previous ISP you were leaving and they cancel your account this puts a 10 day OFCOM mandated delay on any other ISP placing an order for your line - this is to prevent fraud.

Brian

jab1
Legend

Yep - forgot to mention that, @bmc .

John
johnanddawncole

I didn't cancel with my previous isp, plusnet did that
Emma4

No 2 days after I paid for plusnet, my old provider stopped working. I haven't received any notification, when I tried to log in, plus net site told me I had to wait for my welcome letter with my log in details which I haven't received.
jab1
Legend

@johnanddawncole In that case, have you checked your Member Centre for any notifications/you email spam folder for any mis-directed emails?

John
jab1
Legend

@Emma4 That doesn't sound correct, and as it takes longer than two days for things to move that far, it sounds like your previous ISP was/is at fault.

What's your postal service usually like?

John
Emma4

Postal service is usually good
jab1
Legend

OK, as I'm not PN staff, I'm afraid there is little else I can do to help, but I suggest you contact your previous ISP and ask them why they cut your service off - they are not supposed to do that until your new provider is in a position to take it over, which certainly isn't within two days of you placing the order.

I'll leave this topic alone now - a PN Help Team member should pick it up soon.

EDIT - something else just struck me - have you had a 'sorry you're leaving us' communication from your previous ISP?

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Hi @Emma4,

I'm really sorry to see what's happened. I can't find an account that's associated with your username or email address you've entered in to your forum profile. Can you private message me your full address including postcode? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet