Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New line still not connected..

FIXED
pete13

New line still not connected..

Hi forum users..

I have an issue with my unlimited fibre order..

I am still waiting for my new line to be connected (a cease was put on it some years ago, after my dad died) and unlimited fibre to be set up.

I originally ordered the service at the beginning of September and had a Kelly Communications engineer visit on the 16th. The socket and line were tested. He said that the line had been disconnected in an underground cabinet some 70m away, but he couldn't sort it. He told me that an Openreach engineer would be called out to sort the problem.

It's now 2 weeks later, no phone line/dial tone and no broadband. Worst of all, no contact from anyone about it, other than an email on the same day as the engineer originally visited to check the line.

Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
pete13

Re: New line still not connected..

Screenshot 2021-09-30 151217.jpgScreenshot of the BT Broadband Availability checker for info.. used the phone number issued to me in "estimated order completion date" email. Tried ringing the new number from my mobile. It rings out and goes to an answer service, but nothing rings at the premises - still no dial tone.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Fix

Hello @pete13

Thanks a lot for reaching out and I'm really sorry to hear that you're having issues with the order to provide a service at the property. This isn't a question as to whether fibre is available at all, the broadband order appears fine, it's the one tio provide a phone service that's in a delayed status at the moment.

Looking further into it, a "multi-skilled" engineer went out on 17/09/2021 to rectify the issue on the order, but needed a hoist to complete the job - one was not available on the day. Ideally, Openreach should have appointed this for another day, usually within 48 hours, but the activity looks to have become stuck.

I've just been in touch with Openreach to make them aware of this, and they've now made the activity "fluid" so that it's rescheduled ASAP.

Looking through the account on our side, I'd also like to apologise for the lack of communication from our Provisioning Team.

I've created an open Prov ticket on the account which you can both view and comment on for direct communication with our Provisioning Team here.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
pete13

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the reply and update. Hopefully, it'll be resolved soon.

Regards,

Pete.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

No problem at all, feel free to give us a shout if you need anything else. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds