cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer

FIXED
zoom1266

New customer

I'm due to go on line in a few days time from BT. I notice that Plusnet use McAfee for protection, as do BT. Do I have to un-install it then install Plusnets version? or do I leave it as it is?

4 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 114

Re: New customer

Fix

Hello there and welcome to our community forums @zoom1266

I believe you would need to uninstall your current McAfee and then download/install Plusnet Protect powered by McAfee at https://www.plus.net/AddOns.html

I hope this helps

I've joined the Plusnet Help Team as of May 2017. As such, I have a new forum account. Please direct any queries to @Gandalf. Thanks

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Support
zoom1266

Hi Anoush, I managed to sort this. I found a link on the Plusnet web site that installed their McAfee version, which uninstalled the BT version. So I am now up to speed.

Thank you so much for your concern and input, it's much appreciated.

Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 114

No problem, that's good to hear Thumbs Up Thanks for getting back to us to confirm.

I've joined the Plusnet Help Team as of May 2017. As such, I have a new forum account. Please direct any queries to @Gandalf. Thanks

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Support
Fixes: 125

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): I have changed the fix to Anoush as per message #2.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still