cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer

muttley1953
Fixes: 1

New customer

My service is due to start 29th November I have received the router and already have an existing phone line yet I'm getting constant texts from openreach saying they are coming to my house to connect me why is this ?

5 REPLIES 5
Den1
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: New customer

If you previously had fibre then there should be no need for a visit by openreach, but if you are upgrading from adsl to fibre then you will need a visit, things need to be done at the cab and tested at your home.

Welcome to the forum by the way 😁 

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @muttley1953

Thanks a lot for reaching out. I've just had a look at the orders we've placed and can confirm that it's not a working line takeover, so access to the property will be needed. There's no "customer installation" activity on the order on Openreach's side either, so I'd disregard those messages for now.

@Den1 during the provisioning process, the only time that an engineer would require access to the property is when a new Openreach line is being installed / activated. If we're taking  over a working line, access to the property is not required regardless of whether they're upgrading / downgrading their broadband product. Smiley

Moderators Note: Typo corrected

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@adam945 wrote:

Hello @muttley1953

Thanks a lot for reaching out. I've just had a look at the orders we've placed and can confirm that it's a working line takeover, so access to the property will be needed. There's no "customer installation" activity on the order on Openreach's side either, so I'd disregard those messages for now.

@adam945 - you've missed the 'not' again.😉

John
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Reported, it should be rectified soon, thanks for letting me know. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482