Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer, order delayed.

FIXED
Richjs
Hooked

New customer, order delayed.

Hi there. Looking for a little help if poss.
I ordered yesterday, it was a deal offered via the online chat service.
My account appears to be live and I can login but I have not received any confirmation of my order or when I get connected.
I did get an email with the whole conversation showing the deal I agreed too and payment has gone through.
I have today recieved a text telling me there is a delay but I can't find anything about it in my account.
I do remember when signing up that the 8th march was the date for the engineer to come and sort the phone line but I know nothing more.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

14 REPLIES 14
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: New customer, order delayed.

Hello @Richjs

Thanks a lot for getting in to9uch and I'm sorry to hear what's gone on here. It looks like a contact email address was not entered when the account was created, so it's defaulted to the Plusnet email address that we'll be providing you with (you don't have to use this).

Can you log into your online Member Centre and update the contact email address to the one you want to use?

Also, I've checked out your orders, while you did request the 8th, Openreach have had to push this back to the following day, so 09/03/2022 AM - anytime between the hours of 8AM - 1PM. Please let me know if this isn't convenient and I'll pop a ticket on the account to get it amended.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Richjs
Hooked

Thank you for getting back to me.
Something a little sttrange going on. I have been logging into my account since yesterday with my original email that I supplied but since coming on here my login changed to the email address you've provided.
I'll leave it using the plus.com email address for now.
Also I have been able to check email from the new plus.com email address since this morning but there isn't a message there either.
Thank you for the info about openreach. Not a big delay so all good.
Could you perhaps resend the confirmation mail again please?

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Not sure what's gone on there @Richjs! Glad to hear that you're able to sign in using your Plusnet email address though. Did you get the email that was sent to you at 23:13 last night? If not, I don't mind sending a confirmatory email. Smiley 

Adam
Richjs
Hooked

Thanks @adam945 Yes account login now sorted.
I received 4 emails last night confirming the complettion date but that's all I've had.
I haven't had any confirmation of the deal I agreed or gift card amount and nothing about what I've paid for so far. Should have had something shouldn't I?
If you could send me an email confirming those that would be great, Then I think we're done and ready for 9th March.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's just been sorted for you @Richjs, you should receive the email in the next few minutes. Smiley 

Adam
Richjs
Hooked

Thank you @adam945 email received so I think we're all good now.
I may need your help at a later stage regarding the £100 gift card just in case the mix up with email addresses at sign up causes an issue but for now there's nothing more to do other than sit back and wait for the 8th.
Thanks again for your help.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fix

I've just had a look @Richjs, and it's definitely associated with the account. Once you go live, keep an eye out for both inboxes and junk mailboxes on both of your email addresses, you'll receive a redemption email where a few details will need to be popped in by yourself in order for the Reward Card to be sent. Smiley 

Adam
Richjs
Hooked

Superb, time for a cuppa.😀
Thanks @adam945 

Richjs
Hooked

@adam945 Thought things were going too well.
Had another txt telling me my order is delayed. Could you look into this please? I'm begining to think I've jumped on the Plusnet-Openreach merry go round.

As a sidenote. Why send a txt saying order delayed but the link in the message just goes to the Plusnet homepage?
Iin my account order tracker there's nothing about why or how long it's delayed just a red X next to checking line.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hiya @Richjs,

Thanks for getting back to me, I appreciate it. I have checked the orders and they are still committed to complete on the 9/3/2022 by midnight.

I am really sorry for the confusion, it looks like our automation sent the email in error.

Please get back to me if you need any further help.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Richjs
Hooked

Thanks @SammyM 
A strange situation as my order tracker within my account is still saying there's a problem (checking the line). It changed to this last night when I was told about the delay. 
Re. the delay message it was txt message to my mobile. For some unknown reason I still don't get email updates.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It is an issue with automation that is registering the delay, but I have double checked and had a colleague check as well and there is no delay.

The orders do still show as committed and are going to go ahead.  If you do get any more emails in the meantime stating a delay, please come back to me and I will have that looked into as it suggests an issue with our updates system and not the order itself.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Richjs
Hooked

Thanks @SammyM Looks to be all ok again and have had confirmation from Openreach for 9th March.
There have been some coms issues from the very begining but thankfully you and adam have been here to sort them out.
Hopefully all will proceed as planned from now.
Thank you.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It will @Richjs and that is what we are hear for Smiley

Feel free to give me a nudge anytime if you need any help with anything, I have a work obsession and will be around haha.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team